Tyre Reviews has a new test on all season tyres out today…

Easy to watch video on YouTube but if you use their website you can choose your own weighting for score areas such as dry/wet/snow/comfort.

It does miss some of the big brands as they are releasing new models (there will be another test out in February).

As ever it highlights just how bad ‘cheap’ tyres are too. They won’t prove cheap when you can’t stop!
Link

Despite ordering Michelin Cross Climate from Blackcircle the tyres waiting at Tyre Spot were Continental All Season!!

Whilst all of the tyres were down to 3-4mm I was thinking about replacing them but then last week her in doors got a puncture.

The punctured tyre was badly repaired by me just to get to the garage so I had no choice but to have them fitted - now to argue with Blackcircle ffs.

I currently run Goodyear vector 4seasons on banded steels following recommendations from @Tourershine. I have generally been very happy but have had a few punctures on country roads. Just about to buy another set but before I do, are any other brands worth considering? The Cross-Climate seem good reviews but currently 10% higher in price and nothing shows particularly better than the vectors.

Many thanks.

Very happy with my CC2 suv tyres after a month on staggered 20" 8.5/10 Velares. 245/45 on the fronts, 275/40 on the rears. So far only wet grass and muddy lanes to negotiate, almost looking forward to a bit of white stuff to see how they are! 40 psi all round on full conversion, up a bit when fully loaded, they 'feel' great. Certainly recommended.

I've been looking at some CrossClimates but was wondering, with the increased width of the sipes do they (and other all season tyres) doom me to a life of chipped arches?

I've been looking at some CrossClimates but was wondering, with the increased width of the sipes do they (and other all season tyres) doom me to a life of chipped arches?
You've forced me to go outside and look at my arches, by torchlight, in a dressing gown! Cross climates here on 20's, 245 on the front and 275 on the back. Not a chip in sight! Don't panic! Back inside to warmth and a nice Rioja...

I've been running Bridgestone Weather Control A005 Evo on all four wheels. 235/55/17. They have been very good and worked very well in the snow last year. The fronts are down to 3mm after 16K and I'm only changing them as winter is here. (Would have left them on until 18 to 20K if was summertime). The rears are down to 5.5mm so plenty left there.

I was going to get another pair for the front but I can't ignore the Yokohama BluEarth 4S AW21 which seems to be on promotion or being pushed at nearly all the usual suppliers. Best price I have found is Asda which are £109.20 each! Too good a bargain to ignore so I will give them a go for that price.

Ickle update on me 235/5518 CC2's £540 for 4 from ATS a step up or down if ya like from our 255/45 18's.......................

Several months in now drove in some horrendous Welsh rain proper the road is all water stuff where is the road?.......performance stunning!! So far so good up the farm tracks wet grass etc.

I really worried that the change of size greater side wall lesser width would mess with me.it simply doesn't I adore these tyres................I guess next update will come after we see snow. No loss of grip no extra roll and not really any noticable gearing issues that I can pin down running full camper conversion, ha with not so light ply.....but maybe I saved with the curves?

As an aside according to sav nav type fing on phone they put my T5 speedo just under bang on..so one would think that would apply to your T6's

I'm 1000 miles in on mine, great so far on the wet stuff, testing season around the corner, almost looking forward to a little bit of whiteness to see how they cope! Hoping for the longevity that you're getting @Notsobigsi ! At £250 a corner I want them to last and last!

Reactions: CAB
This week's weather has made me want to speed up getting something a bit grippier on. I'm running 215 60 17 Van Contact Ecos at the moment with standard suspension so I'm thinking of going for 215 65 17 CrossClimate 2s for a bit of extra squidge for our lovely roads and to fill the arches slightly. Am I right in thinking apart from the tiny increase in speed vs indicated and height there's no issue with this?

Really? I thought that was to set a max speed warning? Full winter tyres can have a lower speed rating and so you can use that function to set an allowed maximum speed of the vehicle before it sets off a warning. I didn't know it also adjusts the speedo reading?

Back