No need to apologise, I honestly don't know for sure. I know it does the speed waring thing for lower speed rated tyres but I don't know about the speedo correction. Most standard tyre sizes cause a speedo reading which is lower than actual. For instance, my 235/55/17s are a standard size and if I use GPS, I can see the van speedo shows around 60mph when the GPS shows an actual of 55mph. Going slightly bigger will just about correct that so I am considering 235/65/17 when I next need to change all my tyres. The added tyre wall height might also help protect the wheels a bit more and smooth out the ride a bit. Where I live, like most, the roads are terrible and low profile tyres with 20inch wheels are easily damaged.

Reactions: CAB
I was prepared to give them the benefit of doubt, but I've had two days of prolonged use in snow and I'm very disappointed with my Michelin CC2. They maybe a good all round tyre, but in actual snow, they were surprisingly bad. I know they are not a full winter tyre, but given the positive reviews on here and elsewhere ( and the premium price ) I was expecting much more from them. Unless they last forever , I will not be getting them again.

I'm surprised at that. I've used CC, then CC+ and now CC2 on the XC70 for many years and driven in snow in Scotland (hello Beast from the East) and ice that defeated a Defender on sports tyres and been very happy with them.

I'm aware that the XC70 is AWD but it's an early generation so you really know when the Haldex engages and most of the time it doesn't.

I was prepared to give them the benefit of doubt, but I've had two days of prolonged use in snow and I'm very disappointed with my Michelin CC2. They maybe a good all round tyre, but in actual snow, they were surprisingly bad. I know they are not a full winter tyre, but given the positive reviews on here and elsewhere ( and the premium price ) I was expecting much more from them. Unless they last forever , I will not be getting them again.
That is indeed disappointing. The regular glowing reviews of the Michelin CC had pretty much convinced me to replace my Goodyear Ultra Grip winter tyres (when sufficiently worn) with the CC tyre even though it is an all season tyre rather than a dedicated winter tyre. The CC tyre looks to have a good tread pattern for snow grip much as the Ultra Grips do.
However, I have also had varied experiences with the Ultra Grips, from struggling in wet snow in the lakes and reaching their limit trying to get to the top of the Glencoe car park in snow. But then sailing past stuck cars driving up the switch-back mountain road to Obergurgl in the Alps last December when I really expected to come to a stop and have to fit chains (my van is not 4motion).
It did occur to me that the snow we get in UK is often much wetter than the snow seen in the Alps (or Central Europe) and compresses to a wet, slippery, semi-melted slush, which might explain the differences. The snow these tyres are tested in is not British snow! :think smile bounce:

Are these the SUV CCs or the Agilis CrossClimates?

I switched from CC to Goodyear Vector 4 Seasons just this afternoon, it was based on price ( Goodyears were about 25% cheaper ) and the reviews of major all season tyres on the Tyre Reviews youtube channel

well you won't have to if they last forever...

;)

Long term fan of the Cross climate. Here my T5 with cross climate 1st gen. I found them excellent in snow. However It also depends on the cargo you have on board and tyre size (here 16” alloys “). If you are fully loaded and uphill it will struggle with traction. My T6 had Cross climate as well and now my T6.1 Cross climate 2.
FC7FC869-A1B8-4B62-A23E-66690A88D063.jpg

Last edited:
Is it worth getting the mcc for the two days of snow we get in a year I’m more interested in wet grass / mud and tracks performance
You can get two sets of Falkens for the price of mcc

Is it worth getting the mcc for the two days of snow we get in a year I’m more interested in wet grass / mud and tracks performance
You can get two sets of Falkens for the price of mcc
Guess it depends on peoples circumstances. I’ve been working from home since before it became popular and can pick and choose (within reason) when to do site visits. For this reason I’ve always stuck with summer tyres for the comfort and wet grip prowess vs all season tyres. As you say, it doesn’t snow that often.
My son is an emergency worker so doesn’t have the luxury of choosing when he leaves the house and needs that reassurance that for the one or two days of snow he can still get in to work. So we now have a set of all season tyres (Hankook somethings - chosen for being better at wet and dry braking than most of the others as it doesn’t snow that often but it rains). I was right holding off due to comfort. They feel more like a sport tyre - just that bit stiffer. Great for corners but if comfort is your top priority you will notice a slight difference and not in a good way.
I see ambulances here all use MCCs - I think all year round.

Guess it depends on peoples circumstances. I’ve been working from home since before it became popular and can pick and choose (within reason) when to do site visits. For this reason I’ve always stuck with summer tyres for the comfort and wet grip prowess vs all season tyres. As you say, it doesn’t snow that often.
My son is an emergency worker so doesn’t have the luxury of choosing when he leaves the house and needs that reassurance that for the one or two days of snow he can still get in to work. So we now have a set of all season tyres (Hankook somethings - chosen for being better at wet and dry braking than most of the others as it doesn’t snow that often but it rains). I was right holding off due to comfort. They feel more like a sport tyre - just that bit stiffer. Great for corners but if comfort is your top priority you will notice a slight difference and not in a good way.
I see ambulances here all use MCCs - I think all year round.
Funny you should mention that. I was walking past the ambulance bays on the way to visit someone in hospital last night and noticed the vast majority had the Agilis CC fitted.

I like the all season as it means:
a) I don't have to change them summer or winter.
b) as @Linoleum Bonypart pointed out its not actually very often it snows (unless your travelling with your van outside the UK) so for me I like them as I live quite rural down country lanes etc, the MCC 2's help with the conditions that may bring, often mud, poorer roads and also less gritted roads in the winter.

Lots of service vehicles such as RAC, Western Power vans etc ambulances, supermarket delivery vans have them fitted too so the maths must stack up on them too

Today I drove up and down a short stretch of untreated icy road, intending to test the TCS on and off.
The experiment did not go as expected - I could only get wheel spin under hard acceleration in first gear (TCS on).
I have new Vector 4 Season G3 tyres and I was actually impressed by the amount of grip they had.

I've just put Michelin Agillis 205 /75 r 16 c cross climates on mine. They put these on Ambulance and police vans etc.
Recently measured a job at a truck transport office and the manager clocked them and said they are brilliant tyres and they put them on the mobil truck service vans and get 60k out of them on average??
Happy with them so but far but not been in snow etc. If I get 60k out of them I will be ecstatic

20240118_161949.jpg

20240118_161935.jpg

Are these the SUV CCs or the Agilis CrossClimates?
SUV CC2's.

I seem to have caused a bit of a stir on here with my admission of disappointment, but thems the facts. I have a "special hill" that I've "tested" tyres on in snow ( I'm sure we all do ) and I really struggled a few days ago in a lot less snow than I've previously attacked that particular hill. I actually put the snow socks in the van today, which ( apart from skiing ) I've never done before in this country, such is my lack of confidence in them.

SUV CC2's.
Ahh! I’ve no experience of those, so can’t comment. I have the Agilis on my van & can’t fault them. Currently driving home from the Alps after a skiing trip. They have faced, fresh falling snow, compacted snow, ice & slush, never missed a beat. We’ve been on sites where folk have been pulled out with tractors & we just drove out, no drama. The van feels confident & planted in all conditions that we’ve encountered. It is a 4mot though:whistle:

Back