What a palaver - almost on a par with getting out of the vehicle and hand-cranking the engine.

If only someone had have invented a control whereby you press it once to activate and a second time to deactivate. :rolleyes:
The Austrian vehicles have a button on the dashboard. With a bit of luck I am getting one fitted on my next trip on the 8th April. €50. Sent the dealer a message still waiting for a reply.

Reactions: Bav
Hi all, I'm in the market for some new tyres, have accumulated 10 punctures in 3 of my existing ones (got to love country roads - I won't be buying Dunlop SportMaxx tyres again!)

Having read through 21 pages pages of this thread, I've gone for Hankook Kinergy 4S 2 X - 235/55 R18 V (104). I nearly went 235/50 but saw they were just car tyres and only 101, then noted the 55's for SUV and 104. Add that lots of people on here were advising 55 and I even called Bognor Motors who kindly gave the same advice (thank you Simon!)

I have Japan RACING JR36 18x8.0 5x120 ET35 G.Black 72.6 Alloys on a T6 T28 LWB and the current tyres are 255/45 and it's not lowered (probably never will be either)

Hoping I have done the right thing going with the narrower and taller tyre here however I have read a lot in this thread about using spacers but don't understand if I need to or now - Can anyone advise please?

I currently have Vredestien Quatrac Pro All Season 235/55 R18's, and will be changing them to the same again. They have done 31k and look good for a few more thousand ( hopefully get me through to winter) and I can't say enough good things about them.

It will shortly be new tyre time and i want to fit some all season rubber. I have a t28 full camper with 235/55/17 Cascaval alloys fitted.

Has anyone had any experience with the following tyres:

Yokahama Blu-earth 4s 235/55/17 W(103)

Vredestein Quatrac Pro 235/55/17 Y(103)

Hankook Kinergy 4S 235/55/17 W(103)

Uniroyal All season expert 2 235/55/17 V(103)

And finally Cooper Discoverer All season 235/55/17 V(103)

I like the look of the Cooper but can't find much info on them. Any input would be great.

It will shortly be new tyre time and i want to fit some all season rubber. I have a t28 full camper with 235/55/17 Cascaval alloys fitted.

I like the look of the Cooper but can't find much info on them. Any input would be great.
Just had some Hankook Kinergy 4s 235/55/18 104V fitted today - the difference to the Dunlop sportmaxx 255/45 I was running before was instantly noticeable, it's now a much smooth ride! I had Hankook Ventus on a previsous van and was always impressed with the brand. The Kinergy seem to be at the top of the review lists at the moment, on par with the much more expensive Cross Climates. I found the Kinergy 235/55/18 104V on Black Circles for £110 each which about £20 a tyre cheaper than the 50 version (which were also only 101 load rating and a car tyre - the 104's are a SUV/4x4 tyre).

As an additional bonus, the extra side wall height also fills the wheel arches better!

Not on your list, but I have Michelin Agilis cross climates on my van. 4 months ago we were in the alps in -20C temps, never missed a beat. I’m currently back in Italy as I type & it’s nudging 30C, with the occasional thunderstorm downpour. Same again, very footsure and “planted”. Certainly one to consider.

Not on your list, but I have Michelin Agilis cross climates on my van. 4 months ago we were in the alps in -20C temps, never missed a beat. I’m currently back in Italy as I type & it’s nudging 30C, with the occasional thunderstorm downpour. Same again, very footsure and “planted”. Certainly one to consider.
I have noticed they always appear when people are recommending tyres but i dont think they are available in 235/55/17.

Just wondering if there's a T6 Forum code for black circles? There's a few people have mentioned using one in this thread to get 10% off?

Michelin Agilis Cross climate fitted a couple of months back, looked around a bit first but wanted something a bit more robust for the pot holey rural roads of North Devon. Definitely not disappointed saved my bacon a couple of times under heavy breaking when confronted by lorries driving in the middle of a road, and always on a bend!!

Just wondering if there's a T6 Forum code for black circles? There's a few people have mentioned using one in this thread to get 10% off?
I'm not aware of a discount code on here for Black Circles, though I'm sure there's plenty about, but I've found Cam Skill to be much cheaper than almost everyone else and often have some cracking special offers on.

When I’ve asked other vendors about T6Forum discounts the generic everyday ’discounts’ have been better value.

I always go for Nokian WR Snowproof P 255/45 R18 103V XL (Wi) and leave them on all year round. Van is used as a daily driver too.

I currently have Vredestien Quatrac Pro All Season 235/55 R18's, and will be changing them to the same again. They have done 31k and look good for a few more thousand ( hopefully get me through to winter) and I can't say enough good things about them.

I'm finally getting round to changing them, 36k and still a few mm left.

Been reading this thread and after going through 2 sets of Bridgestone’ on the front and one set on the back in 19000 miles I have decided to go down the Michelin Cross Climate 2 route at £700 for 4 fitted etc.

Did consider the GG but can’t seem to find a set of any ATR’s in 255/45/18 ☹️

Back