What have you got already?

Normal go-to options:
Stoplock pro
S5 tracker
Ghost immobiliser (although you can get an S5 system that also has an immobiliser as well)
just standard VW security. Cat1 from the factory I think?

How about a delayed fuel cutoff

Then the thieves would get a few hundred metres and it would stop, and they'd most likely abandon it.

l had this on my Land Rover. It means the thieves are unlikely to come back into your house, as they will be too far away.

How about a delayed fuel cutoff

Then the thieves would get a few hundred metres and it would stop, and they'd most likely abandon it.

l had this on my Land Rover. It means the thieves are unlikely to come back into your house, as they will be too far away.
Don't need it, I've got H4 headlights, most thefts are at night, I live very rural, no street lights, they won't be able to see where they're going....

All the GPS trackers I have fitted to various vehicles have th option to cut the fuel off remotely, so call the Police, tell them where it is and then cut off the fuel when they are nearby and they catch the gits in the disabled vehicle. (At least that is how I hope it works)

That's a very valid point. l guess you'd be better with an ignition cutoff or however the system shuts off the engine when you take the key out.

We do the Ghost Immobiliser, Metatrack S5 Deadlock tracker which an alarm can wire into and we also do the MetaTrak and Autowatch Thatcham Cat2-1 alarm which wires in so you can use the factory key for arm and disarm when you lock the vehicle. Works like a factory alarm and the MetaTrak ultrasonic sensors now look like OEM sensor.

Got a PAJ Vehicle Finder 2.0 4G well hidden in the van .... you can set alarms based on Vibration, Engine Start, Battery Disconnect, Above a set speed, or Geofence the van on a map. All works over a portal and you get an E-Mail when it is triggered. Has a small internal battery so will continue to work if all the vehicle batteries are disconnected.

Been testing it for 2-3 months now and it has been 100% reliable.

If the van gets stolen you can create a shareable URL which you can give to the police and they can track it in real-time.

... but as with all things it is not 100% perfect. If the van is indoors or shielded from satellites then all you get is the last place it had GPS reception.

Back