Thanks for the replies. I've got my insurance sorted and they didn't insist on a tracker however I mentioned that if I did get one fitted would they reduce my premium. They said that it wouldn't.

I've got my disklok so that's my visual deterrent.

I've been out chatting to a few garages this morning about security and tbh, I'm still a little unsure. Both said the disklok would be ample together with the factory installed immobiliser. One fella reckoned rerouting the OBD and installing a dummy in it's place or fitting a security safe over the OBD. Neither had heard of Ghost. One of the lads also reckoned that VWs are quite difficult to steal and Transits are a more likely target.

So, that currently leaves me with the factory immobiliser and a disklok. Do you reckon I should be ok with this and add an alarm or is a tracker a MUST?
Hi @Marvin ....I guess the real question is ...if you live in a high crime area ..or it’s parked for long periods out of your sight then any additional security is required ..disklok and other types will slow a theft down ...but a tracker will help to recover vehicle but what state you get it back in is anyones guess.. it’s all about Simple steps like pointing the vehicle towards the house rather than the road ( if on the drive ) more often the simple cheaper devices work better than expensive systems ...but it all depends where you live and park your van....it’s all about Risk

ps I really should read the post properly...sorry to jump in ...you already have your answers:)

Last edited:
With a REVO remap, you can get a plug in controller that gives 3 power options plus anti theft ( basically shuts off the fuel supply I guess). Anyone use it?

Hi. Anyone recommend or have a view on what are the best options to reduce the opportunity to have my van nicked?
1. Tracker systems?
2. Steering wheel/pedal locks?
3. Wheel locks such as Nemesis Plus?
4. Any other suggestions

Cheers

Do a search using the word security in the forum section Electrics, Lighting, ICE, Security.
There are plenty of threads with good information

Hi. Anyone recommend or have a view on what are the best options to reduce the opportunity to have my van nicked?
1. Tracker systems?
2. Steering wheel/pedal locks?
3. Wheel locks such as Nemesis Plus?
4. Any other suggestions

Cheers
Do a search using the word security in the forum section Electrics, Lighting, ICE, Security.
There are plenty of threads with good information

Hello, could somebody with a lot more knowlege possibly tell me if this is a viable but most importantly SAFE way of adding an additional security measure. Basically it would be connected to a hidden switch from a fuse in the fuse box i have located that when removed prevents the van from starting. It appears to isolate the starter motor. If the fuse is pulled whilst engine running, the engine will still continue to run. Just a thought, although the fuse add on thingy seems difficult to source. I have added the below picture as an example, thank you.car-fuse-switch (1).png

I Tried that, it works but upsets the system and generates error codes.
It was easier and more practical to have a Ghost fitted instead.

Thanks a lot for the rapid reply @Loz , I dont want that issue so as you say, safer to get Ghost installed. I'll dust off the wallet. :thumbsup:

what he said . . .

Modern cars and vans are now too complex for a simple "cut switch" and will cause problem and fault codes

what he said . . .

Modern cars and vans are now too complex for a simple "cut switch" and will cause problem and fault codes

Cheers Dell .I will have a read of your attached post :thumbsup:.
Its strange how a simple link (switch) between a fuse should cause such an issue.
Better being safe though.

Hey looking for (cheap) easy way to make van impossible to start on drive like old days of removing rotor arm on petrol engines.is there an easy fuse to pull or something?as long as it doesn't set up fault codes.

You can but if you forget to put it back you will get error codes.
Also, if it's your daily driver you will give up doing it.
For that hassle, a Ghost is worth the money.

Last edited:
Presuming you don't leave the keys in it, you could hide the OBD port up under the dash.

What have you got already?

Normal go-to options:
Stoplock pro
S5 tracker
Ghost immobiliser (although you can get an S5 system that also has an immobiliser as well)

more info here :

Back