AdBlue Discussion and Issues

sorry if this has been covered before, but I was wondering how people have found Adblue?

I picked up a brand new T6 150bhp (not mine, company van) last December, I have just ticked over 10k miles and I’ve only had to put adblue in twice. I have put two 10 litre tubs over the year and it says 5k miles till empty.

Is this typical usage for these vans?

I found it hiding, at Halfords.:D It does last a little while.

That’s about right. You can check the range on the MFD. A full tank will get you about 5000 - 6000 miles.

The EGR Issues thread I started looks like it’s been merged with this thread so I’ll post this here. EML back on today, I reckon this will be its 7th flush. Van will be three years old soon and in for the chop, if I haven’t set fire to it before then.

The EGR Issues thread I started looks like it’s been merged with this thread so I’ll post this here. EML back on today, I reckon this will be its 7th flush. Van will be three years old soon and in for the chop, if I haven’t set fire to it before then.
It's hard to disagree - I couldn't put up with that.

If its any reassurance, I hear they burn very well.

Perhaps this might be worth reading?

I have 4 years old T6(150 tuned to 190) with quite significant mileage and I never have had any issues relating to EGR, DPF, ADBLUE.

@Robert I’ve seen this useful thread by @mmi. I’ve never had a problem with the DPF or seen the DPF light in my ownership and 40k miles. Adblue is fine too, apart from the time it didn’t register being filled whilst on holiday in France.

This is the first time since buying the van that I've had to top up the Adblue, I got the 650 mile warning with 5600 miles on the odo so its very frugal and £17 for 10L at my local petty station isnt bad if it lasts that long. Display now says 6000 miles of Adblue. No hassle at all. I read the label on the bottle and it really is 32% pee and 68% deionised water! :thumbsup:

sorry if this has been covered before, but I was wondering how people have found Adblue?

I picked up a brand new T6 150bhp (not mine, company van) last December, I have just ticked over 10k miles and I’ve only had to put adblue in twice. I have put two 10 litre tubs over the year and it says 5k miles till empty.

Is this typical usage for these vans?
Yep

So this happened yesterday.
CF0DEC52-F4E9-49D5-8DE5-E5F75A88DF84.jpeg

Adblue was topped up less than 1000 miles ago. so I’m assuming this is a common fault.
My questions are
1 Is it an easy fix
2 What happens if I do nothing and just keep using the van?

I know it has plenty of adblue in it and I’m too busy with work for the van to be off the road.

Can I just ignore it and get it fixed at a later date?

View attachment 97499

Adblue was topped up less than 1000 miles ago. so I’m assuming this is a common fault.
My questions are
1 Is it an easy fix

I know it has plenty of adblue in it and I’m too busy with work for the van to be off the road.

It will get to the point where the van will not restart if the level is too low. Even if it is fullish the system will require re calibration

View attachment 97499

My questions are
1 Is it an easy fix

Don't ignore it!
Can you post complete VCDS or OBD11 scan?

This has happened to me a couple of times the last time it happened on a trip to Norfolk I called out VW assist (got the AA) there was plenyty of adblue in the tank but he squeezed in another couple of litres we carried on and the problem cleared about 15 miles up the road! No issues since! This has been reported on this forum quite anumber of times! The aa guy checked for fault codes there were none!

My van has done this a few times but has put itself right before I’ve had chance to have it looked at. Normally not long after filling up, I’m very cautious of overfilling.

when i got that warning it was because foxes had chewed through a cable under the van, im guessing its the default display when theres no signal from the sensor

Took the van to the yard today. 5 miles down the road and the adblue warning light went out. Didn't do anything, never topped up the adblue, just seems to be a gremlin.
You have NOT got the Engine software update in 2019-2020, right???

Took the van to the yard today. 5 miles down the road and the adblue warning light went out. Didn't do anything, never topped up the adblue, just seems to be a gremlin.
View attachment 97665
I had this a few times and it popped up more and more often and then was accompanied with an engine light. Mine was EGR flow insufficient which pushed the NOx levels too high for the Adblue to cope. Put a new EGR in eventually.

Back