A Good Snow Foam....

I know I'm about to admit to a detailing sin, but i need to confess, get it off my chest.....
For the roof and windscreen I use an extendable brush while on a step ladder. For rest of the van I use a proper wash mitt.
There, I've said it. :whistle:

I know I'm about to admit to a detailing sin, but i need to confess, get it off my chest.....
For the roof and windscreen I use an extendable brush while on a step ladder. For rest of the van I use a proper wash mitt.
There, I've said it. :whistle:
Now then , feel better ?

Actually I do! :thumbsup:
I'm just not sure if it's my confession or the glass of wine in my hand that's causing the happy glow!!

+1 for the extendable brush...i just stand on the side door step though....i can reach the complete roof fine from there. its probably not perfect but it does me!

Just got my first snow foam kit, auto glym blaster and polar blast snow foam. any recommendations as to obtain best results using this? not used it before

Have a look here.... video too. =)

I use Polar blast and recently bought a Halford Snow lance for £30

Was a bit slow taking a pic of the van but also washed the wife's car.

I was very impressed with the results as this was my first attempt.:)
Did use a load of Polar blast so might lower the mix a bit next time.
2840AD57-75A6-43F3-9A42-8D4D49E92048_1_201_a.jpeg0A298E4B-2E9C-4AE1-ABD3-7F7FA6E90577_1_201_a.jpeg26729E3F-EA14-43D6-A6E5-54C3170FDF81_1_201_a.jpeg

Don't make the foam that thick it just clings to the van and doesnt move (even though it looks cool) My understanding and method is to adjust the foam so it's just watery enough to run off the van dragging and taking some of the dirt off the van with it.

Don't make the foam that thick it just clings to the van and doesnt move (even though it looks cool) My understanding and method is to adjust the foam so it's just watery enough to run off the van dragging and taking some of the dirt off the van with it.
@Clydiee will be the man to advise

I still don't get the whole snow foam thing. I find it no easier to clean my T6 using this process, than just washing it as normal. Snow foam isn't a touchless magic way of blasting a vehicle with foam, rinsing it off, and bang your T6 is immaculate. I gave it a good go over many washes, but just found the traditional route yield the same results, just without several days of foam piled up at the end of your driveway.

Each to their own I guess.

I still don't get the whole snow foam thing. I find it no easier to clean my T6 using this process, than just washing it as normal. Snow foam isn't a touchless magic way of blasting a vehicle with foam, rinsing it off, and bang your T6 is immaculate. I gave it a good go over many washes, but just found the traditional route yield the same results, just without several days of foam piled up at the end of your driveway.

Each to their own I guess.

I sort of agree. It is, however, a marketing mans (or womans!) dream, a product that is really visible and dramatic! Who doesn't get a bit of a kick (in a childlike way!) from turning their van in to a big white blob? :rofl:
Seriously though, I have noticed that when the pristine white foam runs down the sides of my van it becomes a bit discoloured, I like to tell myself that it is taking dirt off in front of my eyes with no real effort, so that there is less dirt left on to cause swirl marks when I go in with the microfibre wash mitt.
But no, I don't think using snowfoam before the traditional wash gets my van cleaner and I have no proof that it reduces swirl marks, I just like to think it does!!:p

Seriously though, I have noticed that when the pristine white foam runs down the sides of my van it becomes a bit discoloured, I like to tell myself that it is taking dirt off in front of my eyes with no real effort, so that there is less dirt left on to cause swirl marks when I go in with the microfibre wash mitt.

A blast over with a pressure washer does that much better in my opinion.
I think a lot of the results are based on how dirty your van actually is, the colour, the weather outside and how soft/hard your water is. I suppose if my van was in the summer season, where it gets more dusty than dirty, then snow foam might be a good option. However, if it is summer and the suns baking on my paintwork, this could prove to be a big mistake. Owning a dark colour, and specially Black, is a total headache to keep clean all year round. The winter months crude them up within 2 miles of rainfall, the summer gets them really dusty and washing a heated up painted surface means the suds dry on your paint in seconds. Compare my processes against my wife's Mini, which is a stunning colour called Emerald Grey (more a light Green than Grey) and her's washes up lovely in any weather, plus always seems to look clean all year round. Maybe i'm doing things wrong, or maybe Black just isn't ideal for me anymore, but as mint as mine always looks, i'm really getting bored of having to keep it that way.

Back