A Good Snow Foam....

Walski

VIP Member
T6 Guru
one for @T6dder!!!!!

Gave the van a good wash today inside and out post France trip and ahead of going in for the air ride...... This time next week folks, it'll look a whole lot different!! (And hopefully will go in that garage behind!!!)

image.jpeg

Can't beat it @Walski. I would do it everyday if I could!

I use AD Magifoam for mine and very pleased with it. A good gun also helps.

Is that an SCA194 roof? Are you pleased with it?

Always good to see what everyone else uses, I'm currently using auto finesse with the polished bliss lance :)

Yes @T6dder, it is the SCA 194. Really pleased with it...... Feels like a real quality piece of kit when your putting up and down. Would definately recommend it although I've no experience of others to compare it against!!

So how does the snow foam work then because I have never used it but it looks good fun so now I want to play.

Use a snow foam lance on the end of a power washer. Spray onto van before you start to wash it and leave it while you fill your buckets up for washing car. Rinse it off and it will have taken the thick of the dirt off the car......
Sometimes I just use it as a quick wash, especially if you've got a good wax on.

@Rob

My method:
1: Rinse van with pressure hose
2: Snow foam over van and leave (This softens and takes off any loose debris, dust, etc).
3: Rinse off snow foam and dry
or 4: Wash and wax van (If you have more time)

Basically its just another way to remove and particles and dust before you touch the body work with your cloths.

Reactions: Rob
Also as with most vehicle cleaning. Don't do it in midday sun. The snow foam disappears really quick.

Best snow foam I have come across. I have used most, is bilt hamber autofoam. It doesn't dwell for long on the car/van like other foams but it loosens dirt like nothing else, especially if you use Bh Kerossol on the sides first and Carlack active insect remover on the front.

Vh Pro snow foam was my previous favorite, that dwelled for ages.

We have a Karcher pressure washer (or some cheap Asda version of it, am not sure which until I venture to the shed and check ;)) and am looking at getting a snow foam kit of some description for the Mrs to clean her G6 & for my Passat...

Looking on Amazon the "snow lance" just seems like a nozzle attachment with a bottle, whereas I was expecting it to be a long brush based on the name! Is that right?

Assuming it is just a nozzle then how are people getting the top of their vans covered in foam for washing? :)

If anyone knows of a good starter kit for this stuff it would be appreciated :)

@redvers, you're right, it's just a nozzle with a bottle. I use the PA Foam Lance from Polished Bliss. Has been great in the 3 years I've had it. You can get connections specific for the Karacher (which I have too!)

For the roof, I use one of those pop up stools to stand on but to be honest most times I just wash the roof - I have a poptop so it's even higher.

Just remembered that I bought the pressure washer from Amazon, searched my orders and it's a Nilfisk C120... Now I know that I can search up compatible lances :)

Back