A cautionary tale about Ecoflow products

Grim Reaper

VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Legend
Just seen this video by Gadget John on YouTube where he found a very dangerously jointed cable on an Ecoflow supply lead.
Could have caused a fire if he hadn't found it, and judging by the fact that the cables are covered in sheathing from the factory, no-one would have had the chance to spot it.

That looks like a join made to enable winding onto a cable reel rather than an electrical join and wasn't noticed by the muppet making up the leads. If it is it should have been made with red shrink tube so that it was more noticeable.

Shame it didn't work out, it looked quite an impressive set-up when he first got it.

And it carrys on.

So the feed cable wasn't official.. and underrated.

So should never have been fitted.

Sounds like he's back tracking now...... His EF Delta and River are perfectly great units.

So once again click bait waffle.

Last edited:
And it carrys on.

So the feed cable wasn't official.. and underrated.

So should never have been fitted.

Sounds like he's back tracking now...... His EF Delta and River are perfectly great units.

So once again click bait waffle.

Not a huge fan TBH. Why everyone thinks he's some great expert in everything is beyond me.

Got to say I'm also not a great fan of this chap. Some may say he is good at making inferences, drawing conclusions and finding solutions, others may say his is an expert!! At what.......................
Gadget John is a British YouTube channel with over 26.60K subscribers. It started 7 years ago and has 207 uploaded videos.
The net worth of Gadget John's channel through 15 Feb 2023 - $24,828 or £20,540 - He also gets earnings of every month $133/£110 from Patreon supporters.

Last edited:
I must say that I unsubscribed from his channel a while ago because I came to the conclusion that he was just a bumbling fool, I wonder if Ecoflow threatened legal action if he didn't post what really happened? Still, he appears to have jumped the gun with his previous two videos and slagged them off before he knew the full story. Much the same as dubventures, who gushed over the Ecoflow in one of their videos (because they got it for free) but admitted to one of my friends in a car park one day that it was actually useless. They think they know stuff and portray themselves as knowledgeable people but in reality, they just make it up like everybody else to keep the money flowing in.

Geez,

I hope you all don't think that of me.

I'm an EF fan, and have been from the start.

But I buy all my own stuff.

And show it on here in an unbiased manor, whether it's good or bad.

And provide all the information for you all to make your own minds up.

But earning £20k from a YouTube channel. Wow..... No wonder he's uploading click-bait vids with catchy taglines and cover pics.

Geez,

I hope you all don't think that of me.

I'm an EF fan, and have been from the start.

But I buy all my own stuff.

And show it on here in an unbiased manor, whether it's good or bad.

And provide all the information for you all to make your own minds up.

But earning £20k from a YouTube channel. Wow..... No wonder he's uploading click-bait vids with catchy taglines and cover pics.
Don’t worry @Dellmassive your Legend status is untarnished.

well hes got history . . .

remember these, ironically hes taken down the vids as well.

and

well hes got history . . .

remember these, ironically hes taken down the vids as well.

and

Enough said, I think.

I think there's a bit of a hate campaign going on with EF, most likely from competitors ...
well no hate from Me, i love my EF`s

look, heres the River 2 in the living room.

1676633976011.png

the River Pro in the office . . . .

1676634003829.png

and the Delta 2 chilling with the other battery boxes. . .

1676634100380.png

i still have the other 3 boxes about aswell,

+++++++++++++++++++++

heres a link back to see them all.

+++++++++++++++++++++

Didn't mean you mate, I joined A EF group on Facebook and I cant believe
the negative posts all with no substance at all.. I'm looking at the Delta 2
for my day van set up as I'm not wanting to go down the leisure battery route..

Just caught up on this. I met John and Mandy back in 2021 and they are both really nice. The cable from EF is ‘shocking‘ and I feel the excuse from them was very weak and to be honest unacceptable. That cable was a risk to life. Understandably, he is now in more serious dialogue with them over the issue so wants to be more careful with what he says.

GJ is just a bloke that blogs. I do not take anything he says as gospel but he produces reasonablecontent. Same as Greg Virgo or even the urban motor home.

Of course none of them compare to our resident ‘go-to’ guy on here (mentioning no names ;) ).

Back