I still have some wiring looms and bits but will need to have a look and order some bits, I’m kinda tied up with work a lot lately but if you send me a pm can prob work something out

I still have some wiring looms and bits but will need to have a look and order some bits, I’m kinda tied up with work a lot lately but if you send me a pm can prob work something out
Sent you a pm about this last week. Did you get it? Thanks

Newbie question - If front fog lights are not installed already is there ever the chance the vehicle is already prepped for them with wiring in place but need the light units fitting and plugging in?

Newbie question - If front fog lights are not installed already is there ever the chance the vehicle is already prepped for them with wiring in place but need the light units fitting and plugging in?
i'd doubt it personally.. sorry

At the end of the day I imagine it's come down to cost - they can't have all wiring in place for all options just in case?! Maybe I'm totally wrong but on my projects I don't plan for every eventuality.. no budget would pass..

VW dont put any cables in for anything that isnt being used, you would think all vans got a 'standard' loom but with so many options and variations the looms are bespoke to each vehicle

Ordered a T6.1 without fog lights. Found this and was wandering if anyone could check this out and see if they think it contains everything i need for a plug and play retrofit? Also, if you have knowledge how to do it on the T6.1, would appreciate tips. There's a great deal of information here, and a good guide, but I don't know if there is some generational differences between T6 and T6.1 regarding the connections on fusebox and BCM?

Anyways, heres the link.

That looks like everything you would need to do the job + some tools

I reckon it will be very similar but 6.1 has different BCM so pinouts are likely different

Ordered a T6.1 without fog lights. Found this and was wandering if anyone could check this out and see if they think it contains everything i need for a plug and play retrofit? Also, if you have knowledge how to do it on the T6.1, would appreciate tips. There's a great deal of information here, and a good guide, but I don't know if there is some generational differences between T6 and T6.1 regarding the connections on fusebox and BCM?

Anyways, heres the link.
The

Well I just put a switch for light on dash - seemed so much easier than wiring into BCM etc

Just reading your thread I did the same for a t6.1 without fog lights. Are that t6 fog lamps the same fit and have you done it yet

Hey, I just took delivery of the foglights and the kit from the link above. It came with both foglights, a new light switch, wiring harness for the foglights, two connector wires and that bluetooth OBD reader.

The install seems to be pretty straight forward, fog light harness has 3 wires, 1 ground wire and power for both lights. The 2 power wires are connected to BCM, you just take the housing off the BCM connector and plug the pins in, ground wire goes to ground (there's a solid ground on the footwell). It seems the one extra connector wire might be for the RHD vehicles from light switch connector to BCM connector. The instructions which are in german seem to suggest to route the cable thru the grommet under the battery and its tray in the bulkhead. This is at least for the LHD vehicles.

Coding with the OBD reader seems to be similar to OBDeleven, so called "one click activation".

Last edited:
From the front these foglights look the same as in T6. In the back the bulb location looks a bit different from the one in the 1st post, but I still think the T6 ones work with T6.1 too. It might be just a different version of the same housing, or different manufacturer. I took some photos of the wires and connectors if someone competent wants to take a look and mimic and do these yourself.

93240702-3DE4-42FD-B199-CA4E738A2A8F.jpeg

99906118-F8D7-4871-8247-5447054C6F12.jpeg

3B28D4DB-2207-410E-A934-BA787916FF58.jpeg

B6543597-88F9-4EC4-B996-03C0D99E3E51.jpeg

60CAA3A7-B58B-47A9-9403-2666BD0B22D5.jpeg

DD8E7600-06DC-4FA6-8FB3-CFA8418F0B98.jpeg

702B1162-793F-43EA-8F1A-B193477B23D6.jpeg

AC00F67F-9D70-41DD-B538-763EA0783D01.jpeg

Last edited:
Interested in this - I did same (ordered without fogs) ... because they were a €340ish option. Looking at the price of this kit ...I won’t be getting it either!
Have to wait and see if somebody brings out a cheaper aftermarket alternative.

DISCLAIMER. This is on an LHD T6.1

Today installed the aftermarket foglights to T6.1 from Wibutec. The kit comes with wiring harness shown on my previous message.

I started by taking the battery out, and then took off the panel behind the battery. Theres 2 screws holding the panel, one is accessible no problem, the second bolt was under the windscreen scuttle panel, but I was able to just lift it a bit as someone else loosened to bolt. Behind the battery is a rubber grommet (part 1) where a big loom goes through. I didn't manage to thread the wires from the existing hole, so I just poked a new hole in the rubber grommet and pulled the wires through. In the compartment behind the panel there is a round unused (at least mine was) grommet (part 2) where I made another hole and pulled the 2 pinned wires to inside the cabin. The 2 pins connects to BCM, brown 46-pin connector, pins 3 and 40, and the last one is ground which I connected to an earth point under the windscreen scuttle panel (part 3). I routed the cable under the battery tray for a cleaner finish.
WhatsApp Image 2021-02-01 at 20.02.48.jpeg WhatsApp Image 2021-02-01 at 20.17.05.jpeg WhatsApp Image 2021-02-01 at 20.05.05.jpeg

Connecting the pins were easy. I removed the light switch, under that is a screw, take it off. After this the panel is just held in with clips. After you pull off the panel unplug the traction control button and others if you have. Now you can access the BCM and the connectors more easily. The connector the pins attach to is the middle one, mine was brown colored as the 2 others were both black. Pull the connector cover away and there are 2 inner connector pieces. Pins were put to slot 40 and 3. In the connector there are tiny numbers where you can find the corresponding pinhole. After this, reassembly.
WhatsApp Image 2021-02-01 at 20.03.15.jpeg WhatsApp Image 2021-02-01 at 20.08.25.jpeg

Once I got everything back together it was time for the new light switch to go in place, plug and play. Next was coding the BCM. The kit came with a OBD dongle. I installed the OBDAPP software to my iPhone, opened the hood, ignition on, motor not running. Opened app, after connecting to dongle it said the dongle was loaded with a foglight retrofit sequence (coding). I pressed on that and it gave me option to Enable, Disable and Cancel. After hitting enable it took a minute or two as the coding step were processed. Then it said turn the ignition off and on again and enjoy. I connected the foglight bulbs to the harness and tested, everything worked. Auto fogs on when van put in reverse, foglight switch worked, and when turning the wheel the corresponding foglight came on as a cornering light.

I know this probably isn't the cheapest option, but for me, the easy of install and especially the easy of coding helped to balance all the hassle.

I included some of the literature and installation guide that came with the kit. Its in German but can the translated by dropping the document to google translate.

Attachments

• GH17762_Fehlerspeicher_lesen_und_loeschen_Kostenlose_Zusatzfunktionen_Ihrer_OBDAPP_20200808.pdf
    601.9 KB · Views: 54
  • GH17762_OBDAPP_Codierinterface_Bedienungsanleitung_20200520.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 43
  • GH17762_VW_T6_1_Nebelscheinwerfer_20200725.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 51
Last edited:
I bought a Chinese kit, arrived without instructions, I have this cable. Apart from positive and negative, does the green wire go directly to the headlight switch? If so, on which wire of the plug should I crimp it? Should I connect it to light switch pin # 5? Thanks for the supportIMG_20210204_090706.jpg

Last edited:
Back