Struggling to find the 35s in suitable load rating, plenty of 96 and 99s out there. Think I need to phone round some.

As stated above.
265/40/20 acceleras are 103 load rating so ok to fit to T32. Roughly £75 fitted so bargain. So many people run 275 40 20 but its just a tiny bit too big as is the tyre I recommend but it is a fraction smaller. Having the 40 profile isn't as bone shaking as the 35 either

After another day of searching, I think I actually have square eyes!

These are what I’ve found:

Front
255/35/20 - closest overall size to my existing wheels/ tyres (205/65/16)

255/40/20 - slightly smaller than recommend

265/40/20 - as recommended above

Rear 275/35/20 - as recommend

Thoughts?

I ordered 255/40/20 Hankook ! 102 loadrating i think ! On Veemann 8.5 /20 ! Gonna lower my van with 50 mm Vogtland springs !

Just to add my two penny worth.

I would recommend either a 275/35 20 all round. They are the perfect size, work well with both wheel widths and don’t look too ‘balloony’. Or your other option is a 265/40/20, again near as dam it perfect size and will work well with both rims sizes, maybe a little bit better than the 275/35.

Both these sizes have already been suggested above by others. They are the only two sizes we fit onto Transporters, dependant on the vehicle weight rating

Last edited:
You'll be relieved to know tyres are finally ordered! Rest easy!

Really appreciate the advice and insight chaps, just really wanted to make sure I knew where I was going with one.

Got a good month of mods ahead now, just need dry weather and some time away from the kids to make it happen

I have 255/35/ZR20's on my baby (Fitted before I bought it) with fully adjustable suspension (currently around 40mm drop I think) the ride is ok, but a bit harsh at times. I would have not gone quite that low a profile myself, maybe 50 or 55 would make all the difference.

I have 255/35/ZR20's on my baby (Fitted before I bought it) with fully adjustable suspension (currently around 40mm drop I think) the ride is ok, but a bit harsh at times. I would have not gone quite that low a profile myself, maybe 50 or 55 would make all the difference.
I know what you're saying but 255/45/20 (and that's big) is as large as I think you can sensibly go without a suspension lift, or recking the drivability in my experience

Update....
I opted for accelera tyres 275/35/20
Look spot on on both the 8.5" and 10" rims
Ride feels good on stock suspension
No noisier than before but maybe a little more lower frequencies, could be due to the size of the wheels
All season rated, decent fuel rating and dB rating.
And didn't hurt my pocket (got to buy another 4 tyres for the daily hack in a couple of weeks time)

Tested the speedo out against a Tomtom which in all the years I've had it no matter what vehicle I've used it including the van has read 3mph lower than speedo. Today in cc set at 60mph the Tomtom read 60 so all good!

Overall verdict two thumbs up!

I've just ordered 4 new 265 x 40 x 20 (104) from black circles to be fitted by HiQ @ £85 each. I originally had 255x35x20 but i wanted a bit more protection for the rims and also the old tyres werent the correct load rating ( an annoying oversite by the people who fitted the new wheels!)

I understand this may mess up the speedo reading a bit....anyone know by how much?.. probably not a real problem until up to motorway speeds right?

Hi, please can anyone advise? I currently have 255x35x20 102Y XL Haida tyres on the T6 Camper. The rims are 8.5 J but the tyre itself doesn't protrude pass the outside of the wheel !
I'm guessing that it's due to them being Budget tyres. I have 255x35x20 97Y P Zero on my Audi which are approx' 20mm wider? Is there a Premium tyre 255x35x20 with a 102+ load rating avaiable, i'm struggling to find one. Do i need to go to 265/275 x 35/40 x 20's to get the rating required.

Any advise welcome.

Cheers Steve

So having had no look at finding amorak steels, a already have a set of 20” alloys fitted to my van, 20x8.5 40 offset, supplied by Salop vans, looking at posts on here I think they’ve fitted the wrong size tyres 245/45/20. So I’ve fit my standard 16” steels on to see how the van feels, what a difference, not comfort wise but gearing wise. My questions are? If I change my tyres to the correct 275/35/20 should it feel better? Also as the rims are only 8.5 wide will they be ok with a 275 tyre?? Thanks in advance.

Back