Anyone consider General Grabber at3's, they seem a compromise to me, i had them on a custom and were more than happy with them, just need to find 18" wheels now for the tyres before the 6.1 is here!

I love the big rubber look...but sometimes practicality takes over. i took the same journey down this road on previous vehicles (hilux's!) at my worst i was running 38.5/14.5/16.5 (thats 368/76/16.5 in metric!)..i sold that one years ago..it looked and sounded nice, but i could literally watch the fuel gauge dropping on account of the 5.7L V8 fitted.

25451_10150157660305207_6454753_n.jpg

I love the big rubber look...but sometimes practicality takes over. i took the same journey down this road on previous vehicles (hilux's!) at my worst i was running 38.5/14.5/16.5 (thats 368/76/16.5 in metric!)..i sold that one years ago..it looked and sounded nice, but i could literally watch the fuel gauge dropping on account of the 5.7L V8 fitted.

View attachment 57726
You got me interested at the V8 Bit!! Good man

You got me interested at the V8 Bit!! Good man
it had a small block chevy crate motor fitted...used to go well comparatively speaking for a pickup. the fun part as always was the build and getting it to look the way i wanted it...then hardly used it, so it got sold on :(

View attachment 57726

That just reminds me of that monster truck on youtube that does 58 meters per litre.

Hiya,

How are you finding the MPG on motorways and road noise?

Cheers,

Noise slightly higher about 40mph but at motorway speeds don't really notice any difference.

MPG I would say about 3mpg down at motorway speeds so far. Not really noticing any difference around town.

Around the New Forrest at christmas the roads were so bad, standing water and pot holes, I was glad I went for all terrain on 18" wheels and not low profile on 20's!
CZ.

T32 TDI 150/map180 with 420 torques 235 65 17, 20mm spacers and no rubs etc, +25mm raise, clearance remaining 10mm 6% rolling radius and the speedo is true rather than a bit optimisic. Softer ride is good, not noisy but you stay slightly longer in the gears and 6th is only on the motorwy

DSCF7633.JPG

DSCF7632.JPG

Falken Wildpeak

T32 TDI 150/map180 with 420 torques 235 65 17, 20mm spacers and no rubs etc, +25mm raise, clearance remaining 10mm 6% rolling radius and the speedo is true rather than a bit optimisic. Softer ride is good, not noisy but you stay slightly longer in the gears and 6th is only on the motorwy

View attachment 84076

View attachment 84077
I think this tyre is currently the standard AT fitment for Merc G-Wagons. So I guess that's a pretty good endorsement!

I ummed and ahhed about adventure tyres on my Crafter.

I’d had 20” XL on my T6 and whilst the noise wasn’t uncomfortable, it certainly became a factor when choosing wheels this time around.

I looked at Black Rhino and all the different rim makes Etc.

In the end it came down to the following
Not polished or diamond cut- too much maintenance
It had to have the correct weight/ Speed rating (I may have to update the axle
Weights so this was a serious consideration)
Road noise

and majorly - I needed to be sure of getting a replacement tyre if I shredded one whilst abroad, so no quickly sizes or one offs

In the end I went with OEM wheels.
17” Lismore wheels as fitted to the Grand California.
89E0023A-1015-44D8-AD11-CD5E51666E70.jpeg

Have ordered a T32 199 4Motion which will be converted by Rolling Homes. Will want to fit All Terrains (probably) on the standard 17" Devonport alloys. Probably going to go with 235/65 R17 so that we can keep a spare wheel underneath (using the Siekel modified holder). I know the tyres must have a load rating of 103 or more but I am struggling to find out the minimum speed rating.

So does anyone know the speed rating of the standard fit 215/60 R17 on the T32 199?

Thanks

Back