Did you not consider putting the MLx's on the Holeshots? Great looks and correct tyre size?

Thought about it Loz but felt the holeshots need a bigger aggressive tyre like the bfgs to look good. Plus financially it made more sense to sell them on as a package and put the money towards the lat-x's. After all I've spent to much finding out the hard way haha

Reactions: Loz
Well initial impressions are favourable on mine, maybe slightly slower acceleration but feels smoother, possiblybthe larger mass smoothing out the acceleration and deceleration through a fly wheel effect? better grip and less pitching than the old devonports.

The speedo is reading 100% accurate compared with the sat nav gps at 30, 40 50, 60 and 70. Played with the settings and calibrated back 5 mph (I think).

Haven't done prolonged motorway trip yet. So may feel some drag on the larger wheels. And they look much better

Well initial impressions are favourable on mine, maybe slightly slower acceleration but feels smoother, possiblybthe larger mass smoothing out the acceleration and deceleration through a fly wheel effect? better grip and less pitching than the old devonports.

The speedo is reading 100% accurate compared with the sat nav gps at 30, 40 50, 60 and 70. Played with the settings and calibrated back 5 mph (I think).

Haven't done prolonged motorway trip yet. So may feel some drag on the larger wheels. And they look much better

Good to hear, keen to see them on the van.

lhkA02K
Just waiting for the wheel centres to arrive then I will post the pictures (missed with original delivery). Couple of quick shots though without these.

Select 'upload file'
Choose the pic and hit upload. Once there, choose the image, then the resolution... For a quick pic, thumbnail is good. Then post. :)

Glad to hear the setup works for you guys....really that's all that matters. Think I must be a OEM kinda guy....or just bloody fussy haha

Here is some pics as promised. I even washed her for you. Still needs spacers but hey ho

20191208_113755.jpg

20191208_113808.jpg

20191208_113814.jpg

never understood why people put such off road specific tyres on 2wd vans. This thread has confirmed all my thoughts on the subject
Looks great on the DP's Paul

.... personally I have mounted the BF K02 having the need to travel some rough roads where I would not have been safe with road tires .... and because I really like the AT tires !! ....

Exactly, they are all terrain not mud terrain. Having them on mine has stopped normal road tyres being eaten by the roads round here and, despite been 2wd has helped me up some steep gravel tracks where friends in mondeos have really struggled.

My van is 2WD and I can still see the benefit of these type of tyres. Years ago I had to drive from Bristol to Slough for a meeting the morning after heavy snow. My honda accord automatic estate with new but normal road tyres got there no problem but I passed lots of Range Rovers and BMW X5'S stuck as their tyres were super wide with race car depth tread, which when combined with the mistaken belief that 4X4 will always prevail over proper driving technique.

Besides I really like the look!

My van is 2WD and I can still see the benefit of these type of tyres. Years ago I had to drive from Bristol to Slough for a meeting the morning after heavy snow. My honda accord automatic estate with new but normal road tyres got there no problem but I passed lots of Range Rovers and BMW X5'S stuck as their tyres were super wide with race car depth tread, which when combined with the mistaken belief that 4X4 will always prevail over proper driving technique.

Besides I really like the look!

Yep, defo with you on that one. Often see them on the a9 horsing down the outside lane when its covered in snow thinking they are invincible, till they need to stop in hurry.

It's good hear peoples thoughts. Personally I think it's more that size I ran over the actual tread itself. The grip levels were great. It just felt like the tyres were too big....

Back