17” all-terrain tyres

Cali_on_laughing

T6 Pro
Hello,

so I am planning to upgrade my 16 wheels to 17 inch. I don’t have 4 motion

My question is, because I go onto a lot of farms, I want to put on all terrain tyres on. I really like the yoko geolander tyres because I’ve had them before and got some good grip.

Howver, the 17 inch wheels I am getting have tyres on that state 235/55/R17 but the all terrain tyres I want to put on are 255/75/r17. They don’t seem to have 55.

Will this work/ fit? TBh, I don’t even know what the second number is, assuming it’s something to do with the thickness because of the extra tread?? But please correct me (aka novice) if I’m wrong

Thank you for any advice you have.

The second number is the aspect ratio, i.e the sidewall depth as a proportion on the tyre width.
I don't think 255/75/17 will even fit under the arches, and that's before you even turn the steering wheel, if they fitted, your speedo would under - read by roughly 15% and your gearing would be changed for the worse.
Assuming you currently have 216/65/16 on, the website willtheyfit shows how the change would affect you;
There are loads of all terrain tyres suitable for a 17 inch rim that would be suitable, including 235/55/17.

The second number is the aspect ratio, i.e the sidewall depth as a proportion on the tyre width.
I don't think 255/75/17 will even fit under the arches, and that's before you even turn the steering wheel, if they fitted, your speedo would under - read by roughly 15% and your gearing would be changed for the worse.
Assuming you currently have 216/65/16 on, the website willtheyfit shows how the change would affect you;
There are loads of all terrain tyres suitable for a 17 inch rim that would be suitable, including 235/55/17.
Wow, thank you!!! Brilliant advice. Greatly appreciated! Will keep looking. :)

Back