150PS Remap done - what are your opinions?

After being told it was me using shit fuel as to why the torque was low after my remap I thought I would stick in some premium stuff and see if it made any difference . I put £104 of the shell v power stuff and half a bottle of mannol Diesel plus cetane boost . I have just had to refuel after doing 248 miles and MFD saying 30 mile range. I thought this premium fuel was ment to be better mpg but mine seems a lot worse. Also mfd say that in the last 300 miles I’m averaging 23.2 mpg. Any ideas why it’s so low? Oh and the first week after the remap using tesco fuel I did approx 380 to a full tank.

Did you just add larger tyres to the van? That might contribute to the shit economy ?

I had the revo done on my van 150 DSG T32 lWB shuttle (Bognor Motors) and initially thought the economy was worse but my trip to THQ and back was 45.4mpg (180mile round trip) so very similar to before the map.

Did you just add larger tyres to the van? That might contribute to the shit economy ?

I had the revo done on my van 150 DSG T32 lWB shuttle (Bognor Motors) and initially thought the economy was worse but my trip to THQ and back was 45.4mpg (180mile round trip) so very similar to before the map.
Wheels are smaller than I had before but bigger tyres so are only 8mm bigger diameter.

I’m sorry I can’t help as I simply don’t know enough, but I’m watching this thread with interest. Hoping some good pointers come your way

As I understand it v power won’t give you any immediate power gains - it just has more detergents in it to keep the engine cleaner internally (allegedly)

Reactions: JOG

Wheels are smaller than I had before but bigger tyres so are only 8mm bigger diameter.
First rule of science (I might have made that up. If it's not, it ought to be.) Change one thing at a time, check results.
If you changed tyres and had a remap you'll never be sure which caused a change in fuel consumption.

I see what your saying but I had the wheels on a week before the remap .

When I filled up yesterday it only said 270 mile range. Before it used to say between 470-490

When I plugged in the carista it says no faults. Is there any data I can get from it that may show anything unusual going on.

You could waste a lot of time and energy on this.
I assume you put the wheels on because you like them.
The vendor who did the re-map seems not to be bothered with your opinion of the results and no doubt has been in the same situation before and still trades.
If you do find out what if anything is changing the fuel consumption are you going to change anything to reverse it?

The fuel consumed must be fairly accurately metered as the fuel temperature is measured and therefore relative density is known to provide a volumetric value (litres or gallons).
The odometer accuracy is never accurate with the speedometer legally allowed to register up to 10% more than true speed.
If you want to measure the true fuel consumption I suggest you go brim to brim on the tank and travel a known distance on a mapped route avoiding traffic.

Last edited:

When I filled up yesterday it only said 270 mile range. Before it used to say between 470-490

When I plugged in the carista it says no faults. Is there any data I can get from it that may show anything unusual going on.
I wouldn't take too much notice of the MFD range, mine varies a lot.
I'd fill it to the brim with a quality fuel, trip the odometer, drive it normally until it needs fuel then note the litres required to fill to the brim again and calculate the real MPG.
You also need to remember that by running with tyres that have a larger diameter than OE, you're deceiving the odometer, your van is actually doing slightly more miles than your odometer is recording which has an obvious effect on the MPG displayed on your MFD.

I’m no means an expert or do i worry about fuel consumption but mines a 150 high line no remap and I do the worst kind of driving like around town work commute occasional long drive i average 400-420 miles to a tank
I feel up with premium every 4th fill up and it might be in my head but feels bit more sprightly throttle response bit better etc again could be all in my head
Deffo get less miles to a tank using premium but again don’t worry about consumption and likes to drive it like I stole it

Revo, I'll get 270 miles from 30 quid even with the mental pricing at the minute.

• Wow
Reactions: JOG
Here's my before and after printouts.
Van is a different beast afterwards, it just keeps pulling.
My van had less than 4000 miles on it at the date of remap.

Remap_Before.jpgRemap_After.jpg

Last edited:
Not allowed to be in the building while remapping is being done but I do have dashcam footage of it all (no sound unfortunately)
He did spot a loose jubilee clip on the turbo hose from the readings he was getting though, so I'd say he knows his stuff.

Back