150PS Remap done - what are your opinions?

Matchyt30

VIP Member
T6 Guru
I had my van remapped yesterday and would just like to know people options on the results. I’m no expert at all in this area but from research I have done the gains I got compared to others with same engine seem quite low. Also the after graph doesn’t look a lot different to the before.

The van definitely pulls stronger but comparing it to remaps I have had previously with a t4 and crafter this didn’t impress me as much.

What do you guys think?

C4C8DEB1-4C05-4504-8B97-ABDF82CB504D.jpeg

B73D2FC6-F31C-4412-B3AD-C9F493D5426A.jpeg

If I'm reading this correctly you've got an EU6 150 which was delivering 153.9HP and it's now delivering 184HP, but more importantly (IMO) the torque has gone from 329Nm to 393Nm, quite an increase and the torque comes in at lower revs (9KPH slower) which is useful.
I would have thought that would be a pleasant improvement, but I suppose it's all about expectations. If you've had remaps in the past that have produced bigger gains you might have expected more from this remap.
The graphs might look similar initially but look at the vertical axis, (Hp on the left, torque on the right). On the "before" graph there is very little above 150Hp / 300Nm.
The "after" graph shows significant improvements.
When you take an 84Hp van and map it to nearly twice that power you will obviously notice a huge difference but when you start at 150 and the hardware limits what can safely be achieved to about 184, the difference is obviously much less noticeable.
Just my opinion and probably not ever so helpful!

If I'm reading this correctly you've got an EU6 150 which was delivering 153.9HP and it's now delivering 184HP, but more importantly (IMO) the torque has gone from 329Nm to 393Nm, quite an increase and the torque comes in at lower revs (9KPH slower) which is useful.
I would have thought that would be a pleasant improvement, but I suppose it's all about expectations. If you've had remaps in the past that have produced bigger gains you might have expected more from this remap.
The graphs might look similar initially but look at the vertical axis, (Hp on the left, torque on the right). On the "before" graph there is very little above 150Hp / 300Nm.
When you take an 84Hp van and map it to nearly twice that power you will obviously notice a huge difference but when you start at 150 and the hardware limits what can safely be achieved to about 184, the difference is obviously much less noticeable.
Thanks for the reply buddy. I see what your saying and it definitely is an improvement. It’s just that the figures they quote are 195 bhp and 430 nm torque. Last night when I was studying the figures on mine I was looking to see what others had made with the same spec engine as mine and they was all around about them figures quoted by the tuner.

This thread was just really to see what others thought and just to make sure the job was done correctly. Cheers

Thanks for the reply buddy. I see what your saying and it definitely is an improvement. It’s just that the figures they quote are 195 bhp and 430 nm torque. Last night when I was studying the figures on mine I was looking to see what others had made with the same spec engine as mine and they was all around about them figures quoted by the tuner.

This thread was just really to see what others thought and just to make sure the job was done correctly. Cheers
There are plenty of forum members on here who know much more than I do on the subject so you may well get other views or more information.
I didn't know you'd been lead to expect 195Hp and 430Nm, I can now see why you'd be a bit disappointed.

If the supplier quoted a price for a product with a specification (power & torque) and didn’t achieve the specification you didn’t get the goods you paid for.
Have a read of the small print and challenge the company that carried out the work, keep the communication to email so there is a record.

After just speaking to pendle he has said the poor results are all down to the fuel I use. Would this really make that much difference?

His words were it will be your dpf blocked because you use shit fuel . Then went on to lecture me about paying all that money for the van and then trying to save a couple quid on shit fuel. I can’t see on there website where it says if you want these results you must use a certain fuel. I get that better fuel can make an improvement but surely these vans were designed for standard fuel?

His words were it will be your dpf blocked because you use shit fuel . Then went on to lecture me about paying all that money for the van and then trying to save a couple quid on shit fuel. I can’t see on there website where it says if you want these results you must use a certain fuel. I get that better fuel can make an improvement but surely these vans were designed for standard fuel?
If you access to Carista you can see the status of your DPF ash content.
Your ‘blocked’ DPF seems to have allowed the expected performance prior to mapping.

’says if you want these results you must use a certain fuel’
If that’s the case it looks like your stuffed for a refund / fix.

His words were it will be your dpf blocked because you use shit fuel . Then went on to lecture me about paying all that money for the van and then trying to save a couple quid on shit fuel. I can’t see on there website where it says if you want these results you must use a certain fuel. I get that better fuel can make an improvement but surely these vans were designed for standard fue

Your ‘blocked’ DPF seems to have allowed the expected performance prior to mapping.

Can you see this using VCDS? 'DPF ash content' ?

Is there a way to clear out the DPF (multiple high rev regens?) I have DPF lite which only shows it getting to 30Grams and then the count down until its at 8Grams.

Can you see this using VCDS? 'DPF ash content' ?

Is there a way to clear out the DPF (multiple high rev regens?) I have DPF lite which only shows it getting to 30Grams and then the count down until its at 8Grams.
No idea on VCDS or DPF Lite
But 8g is not blocked, that’s very good.

No idea on VCDS or DPF Lite
But 8g is not blocked, that’s very good.
The DPF lite is the free version for Andriod phones that connects via bluetooth. I use it to monitor when the regen is going to happen. It will start when the engine is at 90' and theres over 1/4 of fuel in the tank and its reached 30 grams. It usually lasts 15 mins or until its got down to 8grams.

Do we think that if Matchyt30 had got his map when he was at 8grams (just after a regen) he would of got a better result? or are you saying that the Ash content is a build up different to what I'm talking about?

Good point you made there about the before graph. If it was blocked or wrong fuel used surely it wouldn’t of made the 153.9 to start with.

I’m going to order the carista and have a look at what the soot content is. Can you do forced regen using the carista?

I was saying that it DOESNT say on there website about what fuel I should be running.

I’m going to order the carista and have a look at what the soot content is. Can you do forced regen using the carista?

I was saying that it DOESNT say on there website about what fuel I should be running.
Did you order it online, by email or by phone? If so you have 14 days cooling off period.
Just get it re-instated as standard if your not happy.
Then do a write up on Review a Business.

Personally I think what you have is enough, pushing more out of it will just affect reliability.
Your basically hoping to achieve close to 204ps BiTurbo performance out of a single stage turbocharged engine.

Great customer service... Glad I went Revo now :)

Good assessment

I think you’ve been mapped with tolerances for your van rather than “pushing it”. Better in the long run, I’d say!

Then again, I know significantly less than many!

In many places on the Revo site they say "NOTE: Power is dependant on Fuel Quality, Performance Settings and Conditions," I'm surprised that Pendle don't say something along the lines of that anywhere on theirs. Not that I could see anyway.

Either way, you've got a 30 horsepower gain. The 11 you feel are missing will be at the top of the rev range anyway. Not the place where a diesel engine needs to be, so I'd be quite happy with that.

Thanks for all the input guys. Just wanted reassurance that it hadn’t been done badly.

Back