I think I've made a mistake with the van I'm about to buy - remap

It might just be the way the vans lit in the photo but the sliding door looks a different colour. It’s also had high security locks retrofitted which might indicate that the sliders been wrenched open in the past. Not a deal breaker for some but might cause problems if not repaired properly.

That advert is gone already
Yes I think because I've put the deposit down they've taken it off Autotrader. I'm going to call them tomorrow...I really hope I can get the deposit back. I rang the guy this morning and he said it's not been remapped which I can only conclude the Autotrader advert was incorrect (I took screenshots phew). Hope I don't have a load of hassle getting my money back.

Reactions: CAB
Thanks for all the advice.
Initially we were thinking we only need basic spec to save cash upfront and then get it converted as we thought it's what we put inside that we will notice more so we're going to spend more on the fitout.
It seems to add several £k to upgrade to highline and I'm not sure we need it. But I'm sure we would appreciate the extras if we had them, it's just deciding at this point if we should spend more.
Ideally we were thinking £35k all in, including conversion. We have a company who will do windows, pop top, insulation and carpeting for about 7k. We will do the rest for about 5k.
So leaves us with £23k max to spend on van. Sheffield based but willing to go up to around 100miles.

Reactions: CAB
Seems about right - you should get a solid base vehicle for that. Might have to do a bit of hunting to find the right one. Worth the wait to get the right one. You’ll know it when you see it.

Yes I think because I've put the deposit down they've taken it off Autotrader. I'm going to call them tomorrow...I really hope I can get the deposit back. I rang the guy this morning and he said it's not been remapped which I can only conclude the Autotrader advert was incorrect (I took screenshots phew). Hope I don't have a load of hassle getting my money back.
You will get your deposit back if you are firm with them, the advert was wrong and you bought it on the basis of the advert, end of, don’t let them push you around you have been miss-sold, their mistake not yours

Have you thought of buying one pre done or you want to do yourself to your specs/taste?
We spent months looking for one already converted but for the mileage we want (ideally under 50,000) they are just out of our budget. So we thought if we buy a panel van and do a mix of converter company doing the main bits (window, pop top, insulation) we could get the other bits done separately as and when and overall it should cost less.

Back