150 DSG feels slow incomparison to other 150's I've driven

dErZ

VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Guru
Im wondering what I can monitor in vcds to see if I have a problem. I've driven 2 other 150 dsg's and they both rev'd cleaner and pulled better
than my standard van. Both the vans I drove were slightly newer SWB kombi/panel van (so they would be a fair bit lighter)

My van has 45k on it its a LWB shuttle running 17" Gp wheels, it has a pod kitchen, van-king bed and an ovano type drawer system in it. I've taken the 3 individual middle seats out so only has front and back.

Since driving these other vans I've had the TVS remap and Revo stage 1 applied and although the van is more
responsive and more powerful, it only feels as powerful as the 2 vans I drove previously...

Any ideas?

Im wondering what I can monitor in vcds to see if I have a problem. I've driven 2 other 150 dsg's and they both rev'd cleaner and pulled better
than my standard van. Both the vans I drove were slightly newer SWB kombi/panel van (so they would be a fair bit lighter)

My van has 45k on it its a LWB shuttle running 17" Gp wheels, it has a pod kitchen, van-king bed and an ovano type drawer system in it. I've taken the 3 individual middle seats out so only has front and back.

Since driving these other vans I've had the TVS remap and Revo stage 1 applied and although the van is more
responsive and more powerful, it only feels as powerful as the 2 vans I drove previously...

Any ideas?
When you had the Revo remap carried out, did you get a read out of the power the van was putting out both before and after the remap, did it go on a rolling road?

There is no dyno at BognorMotors. I think most Revo tuners do a pre check and after drive to find any errors.

There is no dyno at BognorMotors. I think most Revo tuners do a pre check and after drive to find any errors.
OK, well you say it did feel more responsive and powerful afterwards, my guess is that the extra weight in your van compared to the vans you're comparing yours with is making more difference than you'd anticipated.

Reactions: JOG
OK, well you say it did feel more responsive and powerful afterwards, my guess is that the extra weight in your van compared to the vans you're comparing yours with is making more difference than you'd anticipated.
I agree. You’d be surprised how the combined extra weight makes a difference.

Back