Windows All Round Or Not?? Dummy or not??

I'm seriously considering fitting fake rear windows to my Indium grey SWB Kombi with twin sliders.
Sometimes I like the more 'upmarket look' that the extra windows give but at other times I think the van look works better?
I'd be interested to get other peoples thoughts on this cheap mod and any recommendations from those who have done it.
Paul

I'm seriously considering fitting fake rear windows to my Indium grey SWB Kombi with twin sliders.
Sometimes I like the more 'upmarket look' that the extra windows give but at other times I think the van look works better?
I'd be interested to get other peoples thoughts on this cheap mod and any recommendations from those who have done it.
Paul
This is something I’ve thought about too, I sometimes think it looks more upmarket, sometimes though I think it looks a bit people carrier. Just can’t decide either way.

How did you boys who have done this get a good colour match with your existing glass? It would have to be spot on or it would always bother me.

My glass was from Camper Glass, my rear windows had a factory tint, but with a limo tint as well. The new glass had limo tint applied and I can’t see any difference between any of the glass units.

My glass was from Camper Glass, my rear windows had a factory tint, but with a limo tint as well. The new glass had limo tint applied and I can’t see any difference between any of the glass units.
I was going to go for Camper Glass, glad to hear it's a good match, out of curiosity did you retain the existing rubber on the edge of the sliding door window?

I was going to go for Camper Glass, glad to hear it's a good match, out of curiosity did you retain the existing rubber on the edge of the sliding door window?

I didn’t fit them, pretty sure Camper Glass had all the bits as a conversion kit.

Camper glass yes, no that seal comes off and there's a new one that sits on the new rear glass that slides under the current windows so you don't see the paint between the two pieces of glass.

I'll take a pic if you need

Camper glass yes, no that seal comes off and there's a new one that sits on the new rear glass that slides under the current windows so you don't see the paint between the two pieces of glass.

I'll take a pic if you need
A pic would be great please

P.S. was the rubber seal included or is it an extra part that needs to be ordered?

Back