Windows All Round Or Not?? Dummy or not??

Hi @Lucio ,i see what you're saying and i agree with you completely. I think if you want to match the vw glass in the rear quarters and for them to look exactly the same then the rears need to be cut out. If you definitely want to fit dummy windows and for them to match the existing ones,then i think you would have to tint the existing windows to match because obviously as you have said,you can see through the existing windows and are never going to be able to see through the dummies

It all depends on the way the light is going, here's a picture I've taken just now, the front windows are VW green tint, the middle windows are AM Auto privacy tint (custom screen printed edges for Bebb/Salop Vans) the rear windows are AM Auto privacy tint in regular screen print edges that were way cheaper than the Bebb ones but the same tint.
IMG20200516110834.jpg
It might be cheaper to remove the existing VW middle windows and replace them with a matching privacy tint so all the rears are the same colour.

Hi @Lucio ,i see what you're saying and i agree with you completely. I think if you want to match the vw glass in the rear quarters and for them to look exactly the same then the rears need to be cut out. If you definitely want to fit dummy windows and for them to match the existing ones,then i think you would have to tint the existing windows to match because obviously as you have said,you can see through the existing windows and are never going to be able to see through the dummies
Your right,,,As it’s just a day van I’m not wanting to cut the panels out ... more road noise and more heat/cold/ security issues..but Just want the external look lol .
So if possible I want to get gen Vw glass for rear qtrs so to match sliding door windows and then tint them both to limo spec unless anyone can suggest anything that would be better?

I think thats the only way to do it really if you want the dummy windows. Ours is also primarily a day van(that we sleep in now and again). Can't say we have noticed any extra road noise or heat/cold issues but we do have blinds fitted for privacy/security and we have a webasto for when it's cold although i think we would need that windows or not to be honest

Hi guys first post and looking for some help, been doing some searching on the forum the last few weeks and got a good plan for a camper and picked up a t6 t30 kombi yesterday.

I’m going to be fitting the rear quarter windows as part of a full camper conversion , and after reading on here going to go for genuine vw glass to match.

My question is , I’m cutting the passenger side in, but the drivers side will be blocked with camper furniture.
I don’t know if worth fitting the drivers side and cut it in to match, then later tint it out if need be to hide the furniture backs, or do I just stick it on the outside and not cut the opening. But then will it show the van paint? Or do it tint it then bond it on, or is it worth even getting genuine window for the drivers side if going to be fake?

Van colours grey if that makes any difference,

Cheers andy

If you are talking about the drivers side rear quarter window then you get get a fake window that goes in over the panel and matches the tint of the other windows

Yes I’m on about the rear quarter windows, I wanted genuine glass for the passengers , just unsure if I should just go fake on the drivers side

Are the van/kombi panel pressings the same as the window van?

I have a swb window van if you want me to take some pics / measurements.

Ian

The non Vw windows don’t match the profile of the existing windows, it’s a small thing but very noticeable I fitted some camper glass windows to mine a fake on the driver side and privacy on pass, looks ok but not great, if it’s your pride and joy go Vw, tint and stick, will look better

What are you all doing about the seals between the windows, so my kombi side glass has the J seal on them currently , does this remain or do you replace with a seal that bonds on with the rear quarter glass and sits under neither it to close the gap between the quarter and side windows

I would suggest sticking matt black vinyl to the outside of the panel you are going to have the furniture covering, then stick the glass to the vinyl.
This will hide the colour of the van and should you decide that it's not right, the glass can be cut off with fishing line, the vinyl removed and either the panel can be cut out and the glass reused to cover the hole or another option you think might work.
There is a stick on rubber strip available that goes onto the inside face of the rear most glass that covers the gap between it and the middle windows.

Monday looks to be the driest day this week, I'll send an IM with an address.

Back