Vanstyle thermal window blinds - too small

Hilly64

VIP Member
T6 Pro
I have a T6 Kombi and ordered Vanstyle rear tail gate and middle window black out blinds back in April. Didn’t expect any issues so didn’t check at the time but on first use they bizarrely do not fit….way too small!

rear window seems to be handed around wiper motor so only fits poorly one way even though supposed to be reversible. The middle blinds must be at least 50mm short on width. My twin sliders have factory glass so my guess is that these would work with glazing that had a bigger blacked out border

i have emailed Vanstyle but judging by posts on here I am not expecting a reply anytime soon.

so my question is what are my options?

1) any recommendations for blinds that might fit properly…. Had them on previous barn door T5 and no issues.

2) is it worth looking at curtains or van shades. The main issue here is that the van is predominately my daily drive plus some occasional construction work plus few camping trips per year. Will be sound treating, insulating in near future. May hold off on carpet due to the construction use and its ability to collect dust.

Any recommendations on what would be my most practical solution for privacy while camping but something that would be durable in daily use?

any advice appreciated

Same thing here, I told them to send me another set which they did, they were garbage aswell. They then refunded me and I have two sets free of charge. Even tho they aren’t a great fit they were free, I’ll live with that

Same thing here, I told them to send me another set which they did, they were garbage aswell. They then refunded me and I have two sets free of charge. Even tho they aren’t a great fit they were free, I’ll live with that
Reassuring it ain’t just me then. Double checked order and I had ordered correctly.

sent them an email and will chase up with a call tomorrow

really are a poor fit

I’ve just ordered the 9 piece set from Just Kampers for my SWB window van- I’ll check the fit and report back. Mine has barn doors though but if they all fit well you’d hope the tailgate blind does the same.

Last edited:
Reassuring it ain’t just me then. Double checked order and I had ordered correctly.

sent them an email and will chase up with a call tomorrow

really are a poor fit
Don’t bother calling they don’t answer. The call queue drops down as people at the front of the queue get fed up of waiting. They do return emails though.

So The Just Kampers blinds arrived today. I’ve only tried one of the rear barn door blinds and they fit perfectly. They fill the aperture fully and overlap the 15mm metal return edge on the door.

UPDATE - emailed Vanstyle and followed up with a call this morning which, after being number 3 in the queue, I got through. Yeh!

TBF they were helpful and despite my delivery being April offered me replacements Great but I didn’t hold out much hope they would be any different however I got a follow up call saying they were out of stock and they have offered me a refund…..so credit where due I think that is very good customer care.

in the meantime after some research I discovered “Fuel Lagoon“ are literally only 2 mile from where I live. I have been over to visit their unit and check their sizes which look a lot better. Theirs look good quality and they have a better sucker system.

they are mad busy so need to wait few days for them to make mine……made in Britain who would of thought

I also found out why my T5 front screen cover doesn’t quite fit the T6 which apparently is due to VW dropping the wing mirrors slightly so likely pick up a new one

hopefully Get sorted next week

Reactions: CAB
Let them give you another set and stitch em together haha then get your money back

Most of their stuff is twosh

Back