Who is happy or unhappy with the standard H4 headlights?

Having driven a T6 van with standard H4 bulbs at night, what is your opinion of the headlights.

• Adequate, no problem.

Votes: 17 7.1%
  • Unacceptable, but I'll just take the front of the van off and pay to change them myself.

Votes: 55 23.1%
  • Unacceptable, and I'll stand up and be counted to move towards getting this resolved.

Votes: 166 69.7%

• Total voters
Just spoke to the same chap. Bottom line, it's passed type approval and that's that.
The next avenue I guess is letters to the boss here in the uk.
As mentioned before, there only seems to a minimum wattage. So the lights could pass that but be totally useless but still be okay.
But hey, who needs to see at night anyway? Not like it's a critical safety issue at all.
A few crashes here and there won't matter, as long as they can save a few bob on that batch of units rejected by LDV...

Had the call myself today, very nice chap and thanked him for his quick response, but same answer and suggested contacting vw Milton Keynes,

:mad:Submitted mine too, and not just to be awkward because the H4 lights really do not do the job and for 30k it's downright poor, my 82 golf lights are as good

As mentioned before, there only seems to a minimum wattage. So the lights could pass that but be totally useless but still be okay.
But hey, who needs to see at night anyway? Not like it's a critical safety issue at all.
A few crashes here and there won't matter, as long as they can save a few bob on that batch of units rejected by LDV...

This is the strange thing though- the actual light unit hardware (as shown in the forum shop), is almost identically priced, so why do they even bother with the H4 units?

VW, VW(UK) & VW Franchised Dealers/Parts Suppliers all make good money from repairs. You don't think its in their business plan ?:devil:

Nice one Polzeylad! Just contemplating my next move?????
I'm currently fighting an EXTREMELY dodgy planning application to an extension opposite us that will partially block our view.
I can tell from the responses that the Council Planning Department is cacking itself having been caught out breaching fundamental planning laws. Once I get the bit between my teeth, I'm like an angry attack dog. Only far uglier.

I've had BMW reimburse me thanks to a major design fault, VW extended our warranty by a year after non stop issues with our old California and more.

I will keep on pursuing this one...

Had my phonecall from from Andy at DVSA, but missed it, by the time I phoned back he had left the office, so hopefully we will chat tomorrow.

I spoke to him (DVSA) today, very nice chap but he is not confident he can do anything the best thing he thinks is to get in touch with vw hq.

Back