T6.1 self levelling headlights with air ride

AshM

T6 Pro
Hi all. Wondering if you can help. Recently had my transporter with accuair elevel+ fitted

Now it's getting dark early I noticed the beam is so low I'm having to use full beam most of the time. I've only drove it around 3 times in pitch black and straight away I thought this can't be for real. They are so low it roughly lights up about 10 meters max in front

Some examples below,

However having ask the question on social, people are commenting about the sensors/arms on the rears. When I air the rear end out from normal ride heigh and it reaches a certain level t the led's come back to normal height as you can see in the vids, how it should, when it's raised to normal ride height they dip back down again. This would also make sense as to why my auto dipped beam isn't working because the lights are basically pointing down to the ground.

People are saying that it's a sensor/arm issue as they giving the lights the impression it has weight in the rear and that's making it counteract by levelling the lights down ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I've asked plush in any event to hopefully get it sorted as I've never come across this before with anyone else.

See all below anyway

Video links

Video 1

Video 2

Video 3

Thanks in advance for any help.

D164EC22-4138-490F-9E30-BF2C5A8A206C.jpeg

A52016A2-8868-46BB-AF8F-31EC7CB97033.jpeg

Last edited:
Have you checked that the sensor arms are connected?
The lights set themselves level as you turn on the ignition, so if the height then changes after that, they will be incorrect.
try setting the the suspension height, then cycle the the ignition to re level, and see if the light are correct after that.

I have done this on flat ground but it still self levels downwards. I'm pretty sure the sensor arms are the problem.

Have you checked that the sensor arms are connected?
The lights set themselves level as you turn on the ignition, so if the height then changes after that, they will be incorrect.
try setting the the suspension height, then cycle the the ignition to re level, and see if the light are correct after that.
hey loz, everything is connected, nothing broke, spoke to the guys who fitted and they have said its fitted exactly from factory. Doesn't really help me currently as I cant see in the dark currently without full beam. Leds are working fine, I cant quite work out why it has nothing to do with the air because on the videos it clearly shows that once the rear is lowered down to a certain level (undriveable) they level up to normal height

Try setting the suspension height, then cycle the ignition to re-level, and see if the light are correct after that.

tried that also, still no luck.. at a loss at the moment
It may be that you have gone beyond the reading range of the sensor.
Are you able to set the suspension back to the original height and try a cycle of the ignition to see if the levelling works when all it at the same height?

What does the front height sensor look like also?

It may be that you have gone beyond the reading range of the sensor.
Are you able to set the suspension back to the original height and try a cycle of the ignition to see if the levelling works when all it at the same height?

What does the front height sensor look like also?
yep I have tried the cycle, where it would be at normal driving height on flat ground.. cycled the ignition but again they just point down. The only way is lowering the back and the return to normal height.

... and you have checked the front ride height sensor?

Unfortunately, the next test would be to connect diagnostics and measure the height sensors are reading the heights, will require VCDS or the main dealer.. to run the Basic Settings procedure.

Last edited:
I would agree, basic settings is prob the way forward
I reckon set your standard driving height, park on level ground then run basic settings

I think the headlights still have manual adjustments so after calibrating you could use manual adjusters to tweak the beam angle for optimum light on the road

If it has manual adjusters you could try tweaking them up slightly as a short term fix ??

I would agree, basic settings is prob the way forward
I reckon set your standard driving height, park on level ground then run basic settings

I think the headlights still have manual adjustments so after calibrating you could use manual adjusters to tweak the beam angle for optimum light on the road

If it has manual adjusters you could try tweaking them up slightly as a short term fix ??
no manual adjusters on this, its all done automatically, I need a nice someone to put the basic settings on now

I reckon I have similar problem, lowered on 30mm Springs, can’t see much more than 7 or 8 m in front on dipped beam, factory led,

Back