Not necessarily . . . a MSW may work. though i did have issues with a Dewalt 24v battery charger once that just got HOT and made a funny high pitched noise (so i stopped using it).

i think the the Step mode switching power supplies (that are in most modern PSU / power supplies) can have issues with the choppy mains from MSW inverters.

but I've got laptop chargers that will run on a few of the MSW inverters i have.

The thing is the PURE / PSW inverters were previously prohibitively expensive . . . . . . so MSW was a cheap option out. (and worked with most things)

Nowadays the PSW inverters are relatively cheap . . . and not much dearer then the MSW, and the PSW will work 100% safely with 100% of products.

most modern inverter generators run PSW now too . .

so now i would only buy a PSW for a new purchase.

im in the process of doing a writeup and vid for inverters . . . . comming soon.

+++

the one i am using in the pic above is this one. ( i have two now, one for van and one for camping, it runs all the 240v stuff when off grid)

View attachment 109923

i also have two of these . . . worked great for camping again (TE cooler boxed and LED lights etc )

View attachment 109924

the 12v socket in the van is good for around 150W . . . it will start to get warm and will possibly blow the fuse at higher wattages. . . .

so for higher wattages i also have a collection of these to clamp onto the terminals . .

View attachment 109926

+++

and in the above pics you can see i made up my own Anderson 50A quick disconect . . .

+++

yes most will have a low volt shut off . . . . . but in my experience that is already too late. . . the inverter has shut down due to low voltage but its normaly around 10-11v which is to low to start the van.

i would say run the engine while charging to be safe (no flat battery) . . . or get a AUX battery setup under the seat.

or just stick with mains.

View attachment 109925
Cheers mate, appreciated :thumbsup:

Gotta say though... For team yellow.

It's the only footwear I use for work.... In fact just got a new set of Rigger Boots today..

20211108_143750.jpg20211108_143742.jpg20211108_143739.jpg

DEWALT , DEWALT , DEWALT..............as Kirsty would say ! I've been using Dewalt for almost twenty years now in the "Building game " can't rate it enough.

Bought a chopsaw over 15 yrs aqo and it's still going strong ,cuts perfectly ! :mexican wave:

Recently purchased a cordless brush cutter,better than a petrol IMO.

#teamyellow.

Looks like DeWalt have smashed it with this stacking system. .,. Love it..... Proper tuff.

It's on offer at SF, £60 off !!!

1639068901647.png

.,.20211209_154349.jpgScreenshot_20211209-150106_Chrome.jpg20211209_073846.jpg

1639068539657.png1639068549654.png1639068564289.png1639068577461.png

Last edited:
#teamyellow.

Looks like DeWalt have smashed it with this stacking system. .,. Love it..... Proper tuff.

It's on offer at SF, £60 off !!!

View attachment 138718

.,.View attachment 138707View attachment 138708View attachment 138709

View attachment 138714View attachment 138715View attachment 138716View attachment 138717

Bought my self one serious bit of kit for the money best thing I’ve bought in ages

well . . . this is interesting.

the whos who of the team colours.

+++

Makita - Japanese - (#team blue) - Makita - Wikipedia

Dewalt - American - (#team yellow) - DeWalt - Wikipedia
owned by Stanly, Black and decker

Milwaukee - USA/China - (#team red) - Milwaukee Electric Tool - Wikipedia
( It is a brand and subsidiary of Techtronic Industries, a Hong Kong-based company, along with AEG, Ryobi, Hoover, Dirt Devil, and Vax. )

+++

the others

Stanley/Fatmax - usa - Stanley Black & Decker - Wikipedia

Bosch - German - Robert Bosch GmbH - Wikipedia

Festool - German - Festool - Wikipedia

Hitachi - Japanese - Hitachi - Wikipedia

Ryobi - Japanese - Ryobi - Wikipedia

+++

now watch the video:

So the Big Boys are the USA vs Japan vs Germany.

kind of makes sense really as Japan was alway known as one of the best for electrical devices back in the day ( take Honda generators for example) and Germany know as one of the best for Mechanical pruduction (take VAG group cars as example) - The curve ball is the USA who had enormous production might in WW2 but had never been known for top quality production. - It looks like the USA may be creeping ahead in the race with Dewalt and Milwaukee continuously innovating and bringing a constant flow of new kit and upgrades.

i think Makita needs to pick up the pace a bit if they want to stay in race looking forwards to the next 5-10 years.

Tools update, of a sort. I prefer safety trainers onsite, as they're a bit lighter than boots or shoes. I've been through most of the footwear brands in this thread. I find they're all much of a muchness, but I did tend on the cheaper side. I bought a pair of the new Puma safety trainers from Screwfix, and they are by far the most comfortable ones I've tried.

shoes.jpg

Dearest ones I've ever bought, £80, but after a month in them, they're very comfy, not too big and don't make your feet sweat too much.

Why is it safety footwear seems oversize, and PPE undersized !?? I'm a generous size 10, so wear 10 1/2 or 11 in normal footwear. Always get a size 10 in safety shoes which fit perfectly. PPE on the other hand, I'm a modest 34 waist (really), but always need 36 or 37 trousers.

Oh, I bought a multi tool too. Never really seen the need for one before, but have found it comes in very handy indeed. Just need to get the right blades now I think. It came with a starter pack which I've dulled.

multitool.jpg

Tools update, of a sort. I prefer safety trainers onsite, as they're a bit lighter than boots or shoes. I've been through most of the footwear brands in this thread. I find they're all much of a muchness, but I did tend on the cheaper side. I bought a pair of the new Puma safety trainers from Screwfix, and they are by far the most comfortable ones I've tried.

View attachment 164905

Dearest ones I've ever bought, £80, but after a month in them, they're very comfy, not too big and don't make your feet sweat too much.

Why is it safety footwear seems oversize, and PPE undersized !?? I'm a generous size 10, so wear 10 1/2 or 11 in normal footwear. Always get a size 10 in safety shoes which fit perfectly. PPE on the other hand, I'm a modest 34 waist (really), but always need 36 or 37 trousers.

Oh, I bought a multi tool too. Never really seen the need for one before, but have found it comes in very handy indeed. Just need to get the right blades now I think. It came with a starter pack which I've dulled.

View attachment 164906
I borrowed a multi tool recently to do a job and it was so good, I immediately went out and bought myself one. Brilliant bit of kit.

Back