Jmm Solutions, from Australia! (Mods, I have no connection to the company)

They make 18V solder stations for all vendors of power tools batteries.

Very useful bit of kit. Variable temperature, powerful enough for soldering big conductors. £80 delivered to the UK. OLED display the lot. All looks to be 3D printed.

There's even You Tube videos of @milwaukee_tool_addict spouting superlatives about them.

I just know some of you will buy these.... ;)

Thanks for the tip! (pun intended)

Want -factor was really high with me but unfortunately they do not deliver to Finland.

So, I resorted to DIY alternative - I have some Skil 20V batteries and a matching USB adapter. I added a sealable XT60 connector to it so I can just easily get the full battery power through - it's just a straight passthrough from battery terminals. Then I bought Pinecil (PINECIL V2 – Smart Mini Portable Soldering Iron - PINE64 EU) and made a custom braided power lead for it. Pinecil works with both a DC barrel plug and USB-C so it can be used even with a cigarette lighter USB plug, though with those warming up is bit slow and need to tickle on/off few times to get USB to deliver 12V.

On my todo list is still to acquire a heat gun that works with ~20V, then I could power that with XT60 connector as well.

IMG_3401.jpeg

IMG_3422.jpeg

Last edited:
Has anyone had any experience with the Evolution circular / track saw? It seems too cheap to be any good (£180ish at the minute with loads of track.)

The YouTube reviews seem positive but I guess that is mainly because they’ve been given a free track saw and want more freebies.

I have 30ish OSB boards I need to make a load of perfectly straight cuts with and ideally want a makita plunge saw but they are very expensive when I consider I’d hardly use it once the little DIY project I’m doing is complete.

I do have an Evolution 240v whacker plate and I’ve had it years and it is brilliant so I am hoping the saw is, it just seems too cheap.

Thanks.

Has anyone had any experience with the Evolution circular / track saw? It seems too cheap to be any good (£180ish at the minute with loads of track.)

The YouTube reviews seem positive but I guess that is mainly because they’ve been given a free track saw and want more freebies.

I have 30ish OSB boards I need to make a load of perfectly straight cuts with and ideally want a makita plunge saw but they are very expensive when I consider I’d hardly use it once the little DIY project I’m doing is complete.

I do have an Evolution 240v whacker plate and I’ve had it years and it is brilliant so I am hoping the saw is, it just seems too cheap.

Thanks.
I use a Makita circular saw with Makita track and track adapter jig. Works well probably not quite as good as a full on track saw but the circular saw gets more use and versatile for stuff the track saw would be limited on.

i have heard good things about the Evolution chop/mitre saws but again I stick with the Makita platform which is super reliable, robust and accurate

Also a lot of the track is the same festool and makita for instance but it ain’t cheap.

For a one off job i would consider a good circular saw, straight edge and clamps. You will get equally accurate straight cuts and a circular saw is a handy tool to have in the bag going forward

Thanks.

I picked up a secondhand one for 20 quid about a year ago, I wasn’t expecting too much for the price. Gave it a full strip down, clean and adjusted the ‘slack’ out of it and it’s great. Evolution Rage 3, no idea if parts are available but I doubt I will need any in the near future.

Am thinking this question logically sits here so hoping it is ok.

I am a Milwaukee guy however the battery lawnmower is crazy priced for the tiny bit of grass I need to cut. Yes I know I will succumb and buy it eventually but its a minor minor priority going into winter .

Has anyone on here used the M18 to Einhell tools battery adaptors? The Einhell mower is quite sensibly priced and well with a lot of M18 batteries I am considering going down this route.

Am thinking this question logically sits here so hoping it is ok.

I am a Milwaukee guy however the battery lawnmower is crazy priced for the tiny bit of grass I need to cut. Yes I know I will succumb and buy it eventually but its a minor minor priority going into winter .

Has anyone on here used the M18 to Einhell tools battery adaptors? The Einhell mower is quite sensibly priced and well with a lot of M18 batteries I am considering going down this route.
I don’t have any experience in the battery einhell tools but what I will say is that the Milwaukee is aimed at professional contractors it’s not really designed for domestic use although you can, I don’t even think it has a roller on the back and you only buy it is a kit from most places, hence the price

Hi all, plumbing and heating engineer here and I have a fairly decent range of DeWalt 18V brushless tools - combi drill, impact driver, sds, circular saw, jigsaw, grinder, multi tool and angle drill. All work perfectly fine although my impact driver is a bit temperamental, but I did build our house stud walls with it, all about 8 years old and going strong.

Used Makita 18V in the past and was equally up to the job, not heavy use being a plumber but used most days.

Will be moving to Milwaukee 12V kit next though. The range of tools is amazing, the power from the 12V kit perfectly meets our medium use, i.e. radiator brackets, boiler hanging, pipe clips, cutting flues, floorboards etc.

Should be able to flog our 18V kit too for a bit.

Hi all, plumbing and heating engineer here and I have a fairly decent range of DeWalt 18V brushless tools - combi drill, impact driver, sds, circular saw, jigsaw, grinder, multi tool and angle drill. All work perfectly fine although my impact driver is a bit temperamental, but I did build our house stud walls with it, all about 8 years old and going strong.

Used Makita 18V in the past and was equally up to the job, not heavy use being a plumber but used most days.

Will be moving to Milwaukee 12V kit next though. The range of tools is amazing, the power from the 12V kit perfectly meets our medium use, i.e. radiator brackets, boiler hanging, pipe clips, cutting flues, floorboards etc.

Should be able to flog our 18V kit too for a bit.

When you go down the M12 route, be sure to grab the packout case with the foam inlay for all the most used bits. Dead handy!

IMG_5438.jpeg

Spookily, the 4 tools in your case would be the top four on my list. The foam inlay looks awesome, do Milwaukee make them for various combinations of tools or is your photo loss of foam inlays “jigsawed” together?

(Does that make sense?!)

Spookily, the 4 tools in your case would be the top four on my list. The foam inlay looks awesome, do Milwaukee make them for various combinations of tools or is your photo loss of foam inlays “jigsawed” together?

(Does that make sense?!)

It’s a fantastic grab & go case for what you’ll need most of mate.

Yeah I get you! That case comes with the foam inlay pre formed inside. I got it from SGS with the impact & a charger as a set & then filled the gaps. I do have another couple of cases that I got the foam separate & cut out. That was for a Fein Multitool & a Bosch Laser Level.

I might be wrong but I don’t think Milwaukee do a case for a jigsaw with the foam already done. But there’s plenty of Aftermarket Mod guys who can make whatever you need in that sense. Insta is chocka with that sort of stuff.

This thing is ace ,I have cut down trees ,sliced up an old steel cold water tank in the loft and dismantled an old timber garage ,the blade cuts though wood and nails with ease
1000014529.jpg

It’s pretty mad how far the 12v platform has come in recent years. 18v is now more on par with corded, & 12v is as good as 18v used to be.
totally agree I have the m18 paddle grinder its a heck of a bit of kit we use it for sculpting

Back