As said FFX are good, also Lawson HIS.
ITS are fast on delivery and will price match if you call them.

I`m surprised no one mentioned Festool, De-Walt Flexvolt or Fein. We mostly use Makita, but also have a mixture of other brands. Certain brands seem to make some specific tools better than others

Bought a few bits recently from cpc.farnell.com . They have some good prices sometimes and quick delivery. Also used campbellmilltertools and powertoolsuk . Google around. I think everyone has their own preferred brands.

Festool are like the power tool equivalent of Kirby vacuum cleaners though and crazy expensive.

Going back to my cheapy Einhell domestic power tools range and I've also got one of their Herreco SDS drills and it's ideal if you're up a ladder trying to blast holes in brickwork as it's tiny but still has a 2 Joule impact so will actually drill things without you then pooping yourself as you try to withdraw the drill bit from the wall post destruction.

Thing to do is settle on 1 make, buy a couple of decent batteries and charger, then buy the basic units as you need them.

i.m a spark and use Dewalt - great stufff AND if you remember to register the kit with them you get a 3 year warranty too

I've got full range of makita 18v lxt but would recomend the 12v milwaukee range with 6ah batteries 3 year warranty i purchased 2 speed dril ,rip saw,led torch,1/2 ratchet as could fit them in a stanley back pack with all hand tools easily.

I already own a black & Decker for general bits round the house but for cutting windows and lining my van I’d like something a bit more substantial. Any suggestions, not too bothered about cordless..

DeWalt 331K for me, adjustable pendulum action, soft start, variable speed and toolless blade change.

I just bought the most expensive jigsaw in the world, a Mafell P1CC which with vertical and tilting baseplates plus guide rail costs about £500. This is because a fool and his money are easily parted and if I mess up all the construction work I intend to do during a further 18 months of self isolation I shall not be able to blame my tools. Also because I wanted to see if any jigsaw was worth that much money. Searching woodworker websites during the long lonely evenings the Bosch professional range looked good and as a now more or less retired handyman I love my Festool and Makita saws.

To be honest any of the well known makes are ok for a bit of DIY, I've used Bosch makita dewalt Hitachi all for professional work
At the moment own makita old one Allen key to change blade and a Hitachi tool less blade change
After doing what you said your going to use it for you probably wont use it for months
Their limited in their use ie good at specific jobs
Dont bother with cordless unless your miles from a power supply
Hope this helps

I just bought the most expensive jigsaw in the world, a Mafell P1CC which with vertical and tilting baseplates plus guide rail costs about £500. This is because a fool and his money are easily parted and if I mess up all the construction work I intend to do during a further 18 months of self isolation I shall not be able to blame my tools. Also because I wanted to see if any jigsaw was worth that much money. Searching woodworker websites during the long lonely evenings the Bosch professional range looked good and as a now more or less retired handyman I love my Festool and Makita saws.
How’s the Mafell going?

I just convinced my mate to get the new DeWalt plunge saw, meaning I got his Makita plunge and skill saws very cheap.. These rail-guided saws are great!

Dewalt. Quality thats lasts and they aren't silly prices.
Note most tools come in a cheap low spec and a high spec ones. I always go for the higher spec XR ones.
Had a Bosch jigsaw which was great until the brake failed and it over ran on stop. Got the DeWalt, an amazing peice of kit and well worth the money

Hi I have a Festool ts55 plunge saw been using it for 12 years never missed a beat. I also have a set of makita tools that get a good beating dad to day.

The Mafell is a lovely bit of kit but work schedule got shifted around and so the big jobs I got it for are now postponed until this summer and so far it has had only very light use. I am still coming to terms with the different style of handle and judging exactly where the blade is in relation to my line and my arm movements if that makes sense. However, the ability to move the blade up to the front edge of the baseplate has already proved really useful. I bought this to use this for cut outs on large sheets of the interlocking, plastic? laminated to plywood, scandinavian type shower wall. After many years of using this I recently learnt a new trick for when using a jigsaw. Using sheets of Jab Floor, thicker than the jigsaw blade is long, as a sacrifice surface. So far, so simple.
Because my old jig saw was so naff and the results so inadequate I seem to have developed a whole set of work arounds including a mixed bag of plunge saw and rail, hole cutters, Fein multi-tool, routers, even die grinders, to get the job done. The other day I started all this malarkey only to realise part way through that just getting the jig saw out would do the entire job in seconds. Some times I can really over complicate things.

The batteries go before the tool, I have used hitachi for years and never had any issues

Back