yep defo . . .

we smash a hole in the wall with the box cutter.

then drop one of these in the wall . . . easy.

1657814265083.png

Try sinking one of those into a Victorian brick party wall at your son's house in Glasgow... appear to be made from granite and something even harder!
Agree with the multi tool worship and bought one a couple of years back after watching a plumber chasing barrier pipes floor to ceiling into a plastered wall with very little dust and a whole lot of speed.

Dewalt for me too I have a 24 v dewalt drill, a 18 volt dewalt drill and a 14 v black and decker drill. Wolf multi tool.
Suits me for what I use them for now that I’m retired.

John.

I got a Fein Multitool in the early 2000’s when they held the patent and were the only manufacturer. My plumbers merchant showed it to me and told me I would love it. It was a lot of money then but the first time I used it I was blown away by its usefulness. It went with me on every job after that and it was amazing the number of guys who would see me using it and want to try it and then went straight out and bought one as well.
Its limitation then was you had to buy Fein attachments which were also pricey but after the big boys started making lots of them and at lower price then a lot of people jumped on the blades bandwagon. It has been a matter of trial and error over the years to find blades that I like that I feel give good value for money.
Doing repairs and modifications its great advantage is that you can cut through a wall or panel where you are not exactly sure what lies behind and with practise can stop just as the blade starts to penetrate completely and avoid cutting any cables or pipework that may lie behind.

I notice Kevin Talbot use a dewalt battery drill to do stuff up. I like the idea of a little battery drill/driver of somedescription but I'm not chucking a hundred quid at a 'good' one. Is there a cheaper thing that does the job? I'm fantastic at stripping motor screws so something with reasonable precise torque settings would be good.
I got an 18v Dewalt drill 8 years ago, with 2 batteries and it’s been absolutely brilliant. Still works perfectly and the batteries are still good. Mine was the brushed version, so £99 for the brushless is fantastic value.

I have an Einhell jigsaw which has never let me down so treated myself to one of these at a very reasonable £49 for the basic tool. Now I’ll try and work some miracles on the bodywork. :think smile bounce:

Screenshot 2022-10-23 at 10.53.46.png

Screenshot 2022-10-23 at 10.54.04.png

I have been slowly replacing my aged Bosch collection with Milwaukee and so far I have been impressed with the quality, power and durability. M12 stuff were the first to be replaced, my 18v stuff is next!

I've got Milwaukee 18v for "proper work" and Einhell for the more DIY stuff.
With the Milwaukee stuff their "Fuel" branded items are a bit more butch but realistically how you use or abuse any Li-ion tool will decide when the tool screams enough, I've got a brushed motor non "Fuel" branded SDS drill still going strong at 6 yrs old minus one of the 5Ah batteries. Most recent Milwaukee kit has been a 9" circular saw that came with a 4Ah battery, charger and red bag for just over £200 this summer leaving me back with two real and two clone batteries in 4,5 and 6Ah sizes... It has to be said the clone batteries are pretty shite though. :whistle:

Red stuff preference, bordering on obsession. Not Snap On, I've been cured of that finally. :oops:

Needed a new level. Obvs couldn't buy a simple one. One Milwaukee Redstick later.

View attachment 184022

View attachment 184023

It takes time to boot up, and needs recharging. What could be simpler/better. Oh, wait....
Haha. Now I feel like I need one for some reason

BUT . . . . . . .

did i show you this GUY ------>

hes got the Team Red bug bad.

first we see this . . . .

1672912902013.png

then this . . .

1672912931824.png

and this . . .

1672912943005.png

round the corner we get this . . . .

1672912968924.png

then this . . . .

1672912984079.png

then . . . . . .

BOOM !!

1672913019623.png
wow - hes got it bad.

1672913042129.png
1672913076592.png

after seeing all that, i decided to add these to my collection . .

a HSS drill bit set with HEX heads so they fif in the screw gun.

1672913140698.png

DeWalt T-Stak for storage, fits nicely behind the RIB seat/bed. Power tools though are 10.8v & 18v Makita.

5E0EE0C9-F444-448D-9FDB-1C2446836A4A.jpeg

BUT . . . . . . .

did i show you this GUY ------>

hes got the Team Red bug bad.

first we see this . . . .

View attachment 184161

then this . . .

View attachment 184162

and this . . .

View attachment 184163

round the corner we get this . . . .

View attachment 184164

then this . . . .

View attachment 184165

then . . . . . .

BOOM !!

View attachment 184166
wow - hes got it bad.

View attachment 184167
View attachment 184168

after seeing all that, i decided to add these to my collection . .

a HSS drill bit set with HEX heads so they fif in the screw gun.

View attachment 184169

Does he manage to get any work done after the time taken to unload his van then set his tools up? ⛏⚒

John.

Does he manage to get any work done after the time taken to unload his van then set his tools up? ⛏⚒

John.
well he's a sparks . . . . so that tells you something. (Over paid and don't do a lot - lol)

this particular site is a long runner. . . so that kit is all left onsite for the duration

as in . . . . . . weeks,

but im sure it took him all day to unload his ranger rover at the start of the job.

:mexican wave:

:fast rofl:

When out and about and needing to solder and heatshrink, this was my setup. Worked for years. Just needed somewhere to plug in.
20230110_210625.jpg

I then went through a phase of gas soldering irons, that could also be used to shrink tube with the tip removed. They are the most unreliable piece of kit, and on some sites needed a hot works permit. The most reliable ones I have had are the Parkside from the middle aisle of Lidl. (The Parkside battery drill I had about 10 years ago was the crappiest drill in Christendom however). Then I also discovered Milwaukee, and their £80 hot air gun. Ace. But I was still going through gas soldering irons and reverting to the Weller and extension lead.

20230110_210818.jpg

Then this beauty popped up on an Instgram advert. Only a Milwaukee battery powered soldering iron.

20230110_211012.jpg

Jmm Solutions, from Australia! (Mods, I have no connection to the company)

They make 18V solder stations for all vendors of power tools batteries.

Very useful bit of kit. Variable temperature, powerful enough for soldering big conductors. £80 delivered to the UK. OLED display the lot. All looks to be 3D printed.

There's even You Tube videos of @milwaukee_tool_addict spouting superlatives about them.

20230110_211023.jpg

I just know some of you will buy these.... ;)

20230110_211009.jpg

When out and about and needing to solder and heatshrink, this was my setup. Worked for years. Just needed somewhere to plug in.
View attachment 184632

I then went through a phase of gas soldering irons, that could also be used to shrink tube with the tip removed. They are the most unreliable piece of kit, and on some sites needed a hot works permit. The most reliable ones I have had are the Parkside from the middle aisle of Lidl. (The Parkside battery drill I had about 10 years ago was the crappiest drill in Christendom however). Then I also discovered Milwaukee, and their £80 hot air gun. Ace. But I was still going through gas soldering irons and reverting to the Weller and extension lead.

View attachment 184633

Then this beauty popped up on an Instgram advert. Only a Milwaukee battery powered soldering iron.

View attachment 184634

Jmm Solutions, from Australia! (Mods, I have no connection to the company)

They make 18V solder stations for all vendors of power tools batteries.

Very useful bit of kit. Variable temperature, powerful enough for soldering big conductors. £80 delivered to the UK. OLED display the lot. All looks to be 3D printed.

There's even You Tube videos of @milwaukee_tool_addict spouting superlatives about them.

View attachment 184635

I just know some of you will buy these.... ;)

View attachment 184636
Did you have to pay UK VAT on top when importing the JMM soldering station?

Back