Makita Track saw cordless or 240v

Thanks for the helpful advice, Ok, think iv decided to go cordless, so I have one less cord to get in the way, I’ll justify the cost of the tool as I’m no longer budgeting the labour costs for fitting our doors.
As a side note, I’m sure a dedicated “What Tool” thread could be useful, especially for those that are self converting their vans etc
I also want/need a pillar drill..
Great pick and you won’t regret it

I have the 36v cordless Makita track saw, and use it with a Festool extractor with the Bluetooth switch.

I made a video about it on my YouTube channel if anyone's interested

Are you the Tall Carpenter, then?

Are you the Tall Carpenter, then?

haha I’ve followed your channel for ages, never realised you was on here.

If I send over a drawer front, can I have an autograph?
That's awesome and thanks for supporting my channel

If you send over a drawer front, I will drill out the holes for the handle in the wrong place (that's my signature move at the minute).

Hi
After some advice on whether to buy a cordless or 240 v track saw?
Iv got loads of Makita tools and 5ah batteries,I can’t justify the lovely festool saw, but I do have one of their dust extractors.
As I’d prefer to use the dust extractor when possible, should I just buy the 240v saw?
My main gripe would be the saw cord getting caught up on work piece, like my plane...
The 240v is £50 cheaper, but would I regret not going cordless?
My first job is to trim down some 20mm thick oak doors (Ledge&brace)
I don’t fancy using my 18v circular saw on these doors
Cheers
Well I’d go cordless I’ve got both festool cordless and 110v and have only used the 110v one few times as the cordless is so much hander to deal with but then I do a lot of kitchens and fitted furniture

I have the. corded festool saw and track its mint , however cordless would be awesome batteries last ages now . We use Milwaukee cordless kit it really is ace

Wish my van looked that organised
I couldn’t have it any other way.

Nothing worse than being on someone’s driveway on a late night call out, looking for a fitting or tool that you know is in there, but can’t find because the back looks like someone picked the van up, spun it over 3 times & plonked it back on the floor.

Or maybe I just have OCD :laugh:

Definitely cleanest plumbers van I’ve ever seen most I know are exactly like I just described :laugh:
:rofl: Sparkies are the worst I find. Open the side door & a sea of Wagos, red plugs & 1.5” 8s dash the driveway :slow rofl:

Wow......the tall carpenter!! I've watched loads of your videos. I was even telling my chippy mate about the black timber framed workshop you built.....you must have upgraded as I am sure you had a vivaro in the videos I watched

Wow......the tall carpenter!! I've watched loads of your videos. I was even telling my chippy mate about the black timber framed workshop you built.....you must have upgraded as I am sure you had a vivaro in the videos I watched
Hi there.

You're quite right, I have got a BiTurbo Vivaro which I use for work, and my T6 Kombi is only used for best.

It's great that you watch my videos, and thanks for supporting the channel.

Cheers
Del

Back