Hiya

I've got a Eiesbacher (not sure how you spell it!), it's brilliant and if using the van in spring / Autumn imo an absolute must. I very nearly did not have one fitted but would of been big mistake. I use the van when the nights are getting chilly and makes a massive difference to the enjoyment. I've not used a fan heater in the van so cannot comment. I have nice wheels but would of had the heater over the wheels now! :)

I set the temp and goto bed!

Nick

We went away a few weeks back and it did stay on all night, not too noisy either as ours is under the van and not under the seat. There is a option of fan only so in summer it'll blow some air around the van, but only circulate as they don't pull air in from outside. Mine pulls it from the drivers footstep thing in the door.
Can't wait till winter for no van scraping in the icy mornings. Timer set and a nice warm van for the drive to work.

Eberspacher D2 -works really well and has enabled us to camp year round - leave it on low overnight in the winter and keeps the van toasty warm - the pop top bed is a bit cooler but still bearable - this suits my son fine. The pop top bed helps to keep the heat in the van nicely.

Followed Slidepods advice with a Webasto heater.....very efficient. Look into the warranty side of things....who do you contact for work. I was sufficiently impressed and now have a Webasto fridge box. Again very pleased.

Followed Slidepods advice with a Webasto heater.....very efficient. Look into the warranty side of things....who do you contact for work. I was sufficiently impressed and now have a Webasto fridge box. Again very pleased.

I went Webasto as the guy who did my van (Juice Van Design) recommended them over the Eberspacher. I took his advice as he seemed to know them inside out. I think I got 3 year warranty as he was an authorised installer.
I don't want to get into any Eberspacher vs Webasto mines better than yours bum fight.:p

I upgraded the controller too as it has alot more functions then the original knobber one.

WEBASTO.png

I’ve had both in different vans and the only difference was the webasto had a fan only mode, which is utterly useless and I never bothered with. Heating was equally good with each and the noise levels were the same and nothing ever went wrong with either. Mine were both in when I got them so I have no idea what the prices would have been like, but if one is significantly cheaper than the other then it’s probably worth going for that one.

Hi there, I have bought Eberspächer D2 and struggling to find a suitable location for an under floor mounting. I can’t use under the drivers seat as the leisure battery is there and space is limited, i’d Like the exit temp on the passenger side due to the kitchen layout.
The passenger seat swivels so no access there, I was thinking running the cabin heating tube in via the column on the passenger side.
Do any one have ideas or pictures of a possible location.
Cheers

I have been looking a few different types of heating.

Wallis (i like the idea of not having Gas in the van, but concerned about size/heating up for the hob)

or

Propex

or

Webasto

Thanks

I’m looking to have Propex tank underslung, then a Propex heater so I can use the tank for both cooking (with a cadac) and heating. You can fill the tank with commercial LPG from places like Countrywide at around half the price of diesel.

I’m looking to have Propex tank underslung, then a Propex heater so I can use the tank for both cooking (with a cadac) and heating. You can fill the tank with commercial LPG from places like Countrywide at around half the price of diesel.

That's exactly what I'm going for on the New Camper - works out at roughly £1100 for the Tank, Heater, BBQ Point.

You'll pay that for a supply & fit on an Eberspächer / Webasto.

That's exactly what I'm going for on the New Camper - works out at roughly £1100 for the Tank, Heater, BBQ Point.

You'll pay that for a supply & fit on an Eberspächer / Webasto.
I’m in conversation currently with Propex Leisure as I don’t want a duct coming up through my floor, I want to look OEM. Have discussed with one of the owners about using the caravelle/ Cali System, I.e duct in front step and another in the b-post. Just need to give them some part numbers so that they can get the bits from TPS and double check it will work on their own T6, then it’s down to Ringwood I’ll be going.
Can’t see why it won’t work, they are parts that are made for a factory auxiliary heater.
I was quoted £1200 for tank, heater and bbq point.

I’m in conversation currently with Propex Leisure as I don’t want a duct coming up through my floor, I want to look OEM. Have discussed with one of the owners about using the caravelle/ Cali System, I.e duct in front step and another in the b-post. Just need to give them some part numbers so that they can get the bits from TPS and double check it will work on their own T6, then it’s down to Ringwood I’ll be going.
Can’t see why it won’t work, they are parts that are made for a factory auxiliary heater.
I was quoted £1200 for tank, heater and bbq point.

Please let me know how you get on with the OE setup - I'll be interested in that - thanks

No holes in my body work other than for exhaust and inlet for wallas waste water and fresh water in nearside step

That's what I've got.
I did consider the wallas, but as I wanted to do most cooking outside, I decided that the LPG tank / gas hob / propex heater / and external bbq point was a better option for us.

That's what I've got.
I did consider the wallas, but as I wanted to do most cooking outside, I decided that the LPG tank / gas hob / propex heater / and external bbq point was a better option for us.
That’s the set up that I have in my van, works great for me.

Back