No you need to drop the tank, the fuel lines are pressurised so you risk forcing fuel through the Webasto pump, you can do it on some vehicles return pipes but not on yours, tank drop is easy if you can get the van up high enough, I have a two post ramp so very easy but can be done on your back, make sure it is well supported on heavy duty stands on all 4 corners, as high as you can get it, have less than a 1/4 tank of fuel in too, it's definitely a two man job though.

cool thanks, im happy to drop the tank, best get my self a pick up pipe, do you come across any secondhand parts? I need a controller and pickup and exhaust silencer?

Hi @Elliott you could pick up from main fuel pipe i.e. T piece as you have put, problem being is you could run the fuel down too low as would pick up from the normal fuel tank sender unit and then risk stranded, plus always better and safer not to tap into main fuel lines in my opinion

Anyone had any experience of fitting an Eber/Webasto to a T6 with Adblue? Looking to find out if the fuel tank will come out without removing the Adblue tank. Looks as if there is clearance from underneath but not sure about the tank filler neck fouling the Adblue filler!

Is there someone who can maybe upload the webasto instructions and part list? Or maybe post some pictures how did they do it?
And 2 more questions. If you put it outside does this have a negative effect on the lifetime? And do you re- use 100 the air from inside the van?

Hi all, looked into having this lot fitted to my new beast, to get warranty you need to have it fitted by Webby or Ebby agent! Not worth doing yourself, and believe me, if it was I would, as I even have the Webby and Ebby diagnostic software!

Last edited:
Stampie, I'm a Webasto dealer, the proper T5/6 Webasto kit comes with a fuel stand pipe and instructions on how to fit it into the existing sender unit so you don't need to drill the tank, you do have to drop the tank down but the instructions cover this too.

But if you have a water heater installed from the factory you can tee into the existing fuel line before the existing fuel pump.

The Air Top 2000STC comes with a 3 year warranty if supplied and installed by a dealer. I'm putting one in my own T6 when I get time and always have one in stock, popular upgrade.

Are you able to offer any deals on a unit fitted to a T6?

HBower Automotives (distributer) said yesterday that the eberspacer's warrenty stands if the fitting is done by a "competent" person..
Maybe worth investigating to say on fitting service, as the warrenty is on the unit and ebersphacer branded accessories.

First impressions @BiTurbo are Russian copy of an Ebby or Webby, will pass on it, as although probably works, not sure on the old Russian refinement. An ak47 works, even full of sand and shite, and parts are interchangeable, but this is due to large tolerances, and is hard to hit anything with accurately, it's a hose down job with an ak47. I prefer the accuracy of a headshot with a Barrett .50 at long range.:D

That is one awesome reply fella. Was told all parts are serviceable and all stocked in uk. Eddy glow plug is around £100. These are £35. 3yr warranty too

Hi @BiTurbo , just make sure it's CE approved as well as TUV for your insurance, as these units are basically a contained flame thrower, any leaks to the user heated air by the combustion chamber will give you carbon monoxide into van poss when you are asleep. It would not be nice watching your pride and joy going up in smoke whilst the better half berates you over what in the long term could be a relatively small saving compared to what you have already spent.. Why cut corners now? What's the dealer network like, and is the software available. Your beast doesn't look like a T32 m8 so why put one of those on it? Do they support the phone remote app?

No offence is meant @BiTurbo , just be very careful, as sometimes savings just ain't worth it.

Oh, and to all... Fit a carbon monoxide and gas monitor PLEASE!

Last edited:
I had a propex in my T5 and tbh, it wasn't great. I have heard that Ebers are better but a mate of mine had his took out as he said it wasn't great. When you are on 240 hook up my friend swears on having a regular electric heater on!

Let me know if anyone does try it as I might have to get one if any good.

Liam fenney has one, it works but i know liam wont mind me saying its not as refined as an eber plus hasnt got the available options or spare parts as an eber either, imho best used if you plan on selling the van while its under warranty

Hi guys, i'm after some advice on a diesel heater, as in which one, and do i really need one?
many thanks.

I've got a Webasto and if the roof is down it's roasting within a few minutes inside.
Roof up and the majority of the heat flies out of the canvass so it's still a bit chilly up top.
Weigh up whether you're going to be camping with no 240v as if you're connected you could save alot of money with just having a fan heater.
I paid around £1k for my heater fitted as part of the converion we had done and got the digital display controller and not just the 'red knob'.

Do I regret buying it......................sometimes as I should have got wheels instead :rofl:

Back