I'll be having a diesel heater fitted at some point but for now I use a 500W plug in heater. Granted only good when you have EHU (or a battery pack like Jackery/Bluetti) but its suits me just fine at the minute. An option for you whilst you're saving up
We have one aswell. Just had solar installed at solarshack, so trying to get away from EHU.

We have one aswell. Just had solar installed at solarshack, so trying to get away from EHU.
Yeah solar and heater are my 2023 plans but for now EHU and Bluetti have my back :)
(my plans to be fully off grid too)

I've fitted a cheapie Chinese eBay heater on my latest conversion, has worked fine so far. I used a planar on my previous van and it worked fine for 4 years but I didn't want to be associated in current circumstances!

I've got a planar fitted and its great, very good value for money and the customer service is good. they dont buy them from Russia anymore, they are made and shipped from Latvia.

I've got a planar fitted and its great, very good value for money and the customer service is good. they dont buy them from Russia anymore, they are made and shipped from Latvia.
Owned by the same Russian company. I wanted to use a planar this time so did the due diligence and decided i cant buy a Russian heater no matter where it is assembled

this is the mobile unit i have. @kkev

its basically a derv heater, tank, fuel pump, in a mobile metal box with the display screen on the front.

exactly the same as you would fit under the van, . . .

it comes with inlet, exhaust and air in/out pipes.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
when i got it. . .

Now:

1664294731683.png

here is an example self fit kit. . .

£133 self-fit or + Install.

most people choose to take the fuel feed off the main tank.

++++++++++++++++++++++++

1664295028970.png

this is the mobile unit i have. @kkev

its basically a derv heater, tank, fuel pump, in a mobile metal box with the display screen on the front.

exactly the same as you would fit under the van, . . .

it comes with inlet, exhaust and air in/out pipes.

when i got it. . .

Now:

View attachment 173987

Maxpeedingrods now do an upgraded kit with bluetooth £175(Amazon) . It's 5kw though. Is that too big?

The max is 3.5/4Kw really for these vans, I fitted a 4Kw Webasto as I had one in stock and only use it for fast heating of a high top van not overnight background heating. All heaters benefit from being run at full tilt as continuous low running can lead to premature coking which is likely to happen with a 5Kw.

The max is 3.5/4Kw really for these vans, I fitted a 4Kw Webasto as I had one in stock and only use it for fast heating of a high top van not overnight background heating. All heaters benefit from being run at full tilt as continuous low running can lead to premature coking which is likely to happen with a 5Kw.
It looks like the 2kw option on Amazon is an older version. This updated edition apparently has quieter pump and better air and fuel filters.

Webastos run perfectly well for 30+ years without air filters! It is a gimmick unless you are travelling in very dusty terrain all the time like the Aussie outback.

Back