Which engine output to go for?

Bumble

Hi All,

Newbie question.

I looking at getting my first VW transporter to convert. Which engine should I go for 102ps or the 150?

Can anyone point me in the right direction for which van to go for? I' thinking of nearly new with mileage under 10k Can you recommend any dealers?

Thanks,
Martin.

I have a 150 kombi swb which is principally a work horse .... the 150 Bhp is great, if not a bit thirsty on short journeys

Try them - you'll get the 150 all day long although a nearly new example with everything else you want will be like rocking horse sh*t

Hi all, new to forum looking forward to some help and advice
Final stages of purchasing shuttle, same as many kids have grown up so we are looking to have flexibility for days out , bikes , dogs and the option to replace rear row of seats if when needed to use as family car.
looking on here age old question BHP .... have found ideal 19 plate, all what we wanted, but 101bhp is it really going to be that much difference , wont be towing, not filling full of camping kit, will just be bikes , dogs and small amount of kit ............... want to say yes to deal have lined up but just need that final push to spend
many thanks for honest responses to above are welcome guys

Well old question seemed pointless, just agreed to take transporter shuttle se.. t6 - 204 ,7 speed dsg in Grey, ticks all the boxes and more so well happy hopefully have by end of week .... cheers all

Hi all member for a while but this is my first post , I am about to order a new t6.1 but unsure of which engine to go for a 150 brake or 110 I am a dry cleaner making stop start journeys all the time . I have a 110 brake 2010 t5 at the min but would like something a bit quicker but I have heard the 150 brake is sore on the fuel does anyone use a 150 for the same work to help me in the decision great if u could help cheers

My t6 averages 32mpg real world mpg (150 measuring at the pump tank to tank) caravelle collecting kids and shopping
My work van t6.1 is closer to 37mpg real world (150 full tank to tank) IT kit which is mostly light but odd heavy load
Hth

Last edited:
Figures taken from VW WeConnect:

T6.1 150 lowered on 20" wheels does 30-34mpg on traveling to work 10 miles and 10 miles back each day on a B road... Longer trips at the weekend on better roads pushes it up to 36-38.

If i'm doing a really short 1-2 mile trip i get informed it was below 20mpg.

Id go for the 150, ours is new to us and has been in the high 30’s for MPG.

Id recommend the 150, you get the 6 speed gearbox, and it will feel a lot more powerful than your present van. Fuel economy there will be very little, if anything in it

Back