Which Awning??

Hi all,

I bought a new T6 about a month ago and am so loving it.

Had our first trip out in it (sleeping) over the weekend and went to Durness in northern Scotland and then a couple of nights at Applecross. (The later was awesome!!)

I'm now after an awning and wondered what advice people can give.
I don't need a massive one as there is only 2 of us and a dog and probably wont be sleeping in it either.

Needs to be a drive away one though.

Cheers
Mark

Hi Mark, we did Applecross and Durness last year - loved it.
We're also looking for an awning for etc 2 of us when we stay somewhere for more than 1-2 nights.
Currently narrowed it down to a Vango Galli compact or a Khyam motorhome (classic or touring).
Both are expensive though....

Loads of posts relating to Awnings. Have a scan through the search function and pretty sure you’ll find plenty to help give you food for thought.
Glad you are enjoying life with the T6.

Hi Mark, we did Applecross and Durness last year - loved it.
We're also looking for an awning for etc 2 of us when we stay somewhere for more than 1-2 nights.
Currently narrowed it down to a Vango Galli compact or a Khyam motorhome (classic or touring).
Both are expensive though....

Cheers Chopman. Had a look and both look great but like you mentioned, a bit expensive.

Any help would be appreciated
i have a swb with pop top and c-rail (basically a C channel on a flat plate)
im after a rlol out canopy that will work with both or at least the pop top if I have to swap the rail
preferably removable roll out canopy, preferably grey case (as I’m team indium)

is there anything out there that will tick all boxes???

Not quite sure what your c-rail looks like or where it is attached.. Is it similar to a multi-rail...?

My multi-rail doesn't interfere with the pop top and takes this type of roll out canopy...

Canopy...

A picture might help better explain what your looking for...

Hi Jason, I actually have the same Debus canopy but looking into a full on roll out one, the C rail is like a multi rail, fitted in the same position above the doors but below the roof channel, it’s literally just a flat section with a channel at the bottom for the canopy to slide into

Have you had a look through the awning gallery... maybe some ideas there....

Awning gallery

I'm leaning towards getting the Eurotrail Fjord 300 as it provides a few different options... Just canopy, canopy and side or full enclosure...

Fjord 300

An alternative to a roll out canopy is the Khyam Sun Canopy which attaches like the Debus, but has optional front and side panels that are easy to attach if required.

We’re looking to get a drive away awning tent for our adventures this coming year. So we’re open to recommendations and advice please.
Nothing too big as there’s only the two of us, but we like the flexibility of being to sleep in it and perhaps cook & dine. The van is a day van and will be full of our sports and outdoor equipment, so nothing too small either!

I have the vango magra and it’s perfect for our day van set up,if you plan on using the back of the van (slide out system for cooking etc) then it’s perfect because it has a rear entrance with a bit of shelter,definitely worth a look

Think the choice swings on how you set up on camp and where you want to cook

I have the vango magra and it’s perfect for our day van set up,if you plan on using the back of the van (slide out system for cooking etc) then it’s perfect because it has a rear entrance with a bit of shelter,definitely worth a look

Think the choice swings on how you set up on camp and where you want to cook
I initially had the Magra and fully agree with your comments, though would say its really only suitable for 2 people. Flexibility with the front and rear access is great but found the living space a little tight for us particularly when the family tag along. Now have the Vango Galli TC which should solve the space issues but loose some of the access flexibility.

@Richieboy64 try this

Back