Van Adventures. What have you forgotten to take with you and how did you overcome Adversity?!

Drive Wayne

VIP Member
T6 Legend
OK, so our first trip out this year was last weekend to the first Forum Spring Camp gatheration at Sibbertoft.

Setting up our hoofing great 'drive away' awning on my own (wifey was coming along later after work) in gusty winds was truly wonderful when I discovered I had left my figure 8 kador attachment devices back at the ranch.
Fortunately there was only @BoroBoy there at the time who was having enough troubles with his own awning in the cooling breeze to not notice the grief I was experiencing! He did help significantly though with the offer of beer which was duly accepted!
I'd never even thought of it before (being a bit thick) but realised the sewn in kador strip on the awning can be fitted directly to the Fiamma for a 'non drive away' experience.
With a weekend of alcohol consumption and too much to eat we didn't need to drive away anywhere.
All turned out well in the end, the awning actually went up better without the figure 8's.

Surely someone has far more interesting forgotten items than that!

OK, so our first trip out this year was last weekend to the first Forum Spring Camp gatheration at Sibbertoft.

Setting up our hoofing great 'drive away' awning on my own (wifey was coming along later after work) in gusty winds was truly wonderful when I discovered I had left my figure 8 kador attachment devices back at the ranch.
Fortunately there was only @BoroBoy there at the time who was having enough troubles with his own awning in the cooling breeze to not notice the grief I was experiencing! He did help significantly though with the offer of beer which was duly accepted!
I'd never even thought of it before (being a bit thick) but realised the sewn in kador strip on the awning can be fitted directly to the Fiamma for a 'non drive away' experience.
With a weekend of alcohol consumption and too much to eat we didn't need to drive away anywhere.
All turned out well in the end, the awning actually went up better without the figure 8's.

Surely someone has far more interesting forgotten items than that!
Gin

I have often panicked about forgetting the kador strip (but not actually done it yet) so while on route I’ve mused to myself about the possibility of driving into the fixed kador on a pitched awning while the wife guides it in. How badly would that go!!!

If it isn’t pitched then it’s no bother as like you say you can move the awning along the van and connect directly and as I’m mostly planning on not driving while away too this is exactly what we do most of the time with the sun canopy

Pegs on a trip to Betws y Coed. Fortunately they have more outdoor shops than you can shake a telescopic walking pole at, so not very dramatic.

I have just been reminded (not for the first time) that I forgot to take the FiveTens on a big mountain bike weekend in Wales. Fortunately the Cheshire Oaks Vans store was on the way, so we got by with discount skate shoes.

Easy…Just buy a Tent….after all most awning tents are just tents with an attachment for a vehicle …this is why we all have trouble trying to put the thing up…:eek:

Then you can use your van trips to buy more supplies without the worry and hassle of that Bl@@y drive away sh@t thing …then you can kiss goodbye to the sliding door rubbing and scratching your pride and joy :inlove::inlove::inlove:

Easy…Just buy a Tent….after all most awning tents are just tents with an attachment for a vehicle …this is why we all have trouble trying to put the thing up…:eek:

Then you can use your van trips to buy more supplies without the worry and hassle of that Bl@@y drive away sh@t thing …then you can kiss goodbye to the sliding door rubbing and scratching your pride and joy :inlove::inlove::inlove:
You relatively young cynic you! I'm just glad I dont have to tow a mahoosive trailer filled with Lithium! As I've said before putting the awning up is a true test of marital strength!

First trip away in the van, all went swimmingly until I went to rustle bacon rolls for breakfast and realised I forgot to pack the gas.
Second trip, similar situation at breakfast, fired up the cooker and realised I left the bacon at home.

Not what did we forget to take more along the lines of what we forgot to do shut and lock the front door on the house 10 hours later a neighbour texts to say have you gone away your front doors wide open

We went to woolacombe for a 2 week holiday , no boxers, no socks or toothbrush :whistle: ....quickshopping trip into Barnstaple....all sorted .

P.s. don't buy cheap boxers cuz they feel like theyre on backwards :oops:

We went to woolacombe for a 2 week holiday , no boxers, no socks or toothbrush :whistle: ....quickshopping trip into Barnstaple....all sorted .

P.s. don't buy cheap boxers cuz they feel like theyre on backwards :oops:
Are you sure you were on the right floor of the department store?!

Did exactly that on trip to the west coast Scotland, my wife visited every shop in Lochgilphead to find the only boxers to be had. They weren’t even good for garage rags by the time I got home.

Back