Which Awning do you have

• Total voters
Vango Cruz II
First-time use of our Vango Cruz II.
6D8DCD9E-ADA7-43CE-80F3-D26D6ACA0EB2.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: CAB
Vango AirBeam Sky Canopy
trying it out saturday , but i have nothing to cpmpare it with as I've never had an awning or gone camping in the last 30 years :oops: :oops: . set it up in the garden again as i now have my slidepod fitted , like the set up and as i said before fits nicely to the van . bought the sun canopy aswell , seems good really quick to put up .

2C60D108-904B-442F-8051-F76BC22B1976_1_105_c.jpeg

OUTWELL TOURING
SHELTER

The versatile Outwell Touring Shelter is designed to fit cars, caravans and motorhomes with attachment heights of between 180-205cm to add flexible living space on tour and for days out.

£299RSP, £199 On website - £175 with camping and motor home club membership (phone then with this)

11047437-904E-45C6-89F5-4D51C4AC916F.jpeg

Vango Altona Low

It's the same as the Galli 2 compact but exclusive to Go Outdoors - presumably it's quite new as I haven't seen any others on here or on the vote list above.

Just come back from weekend and it was decent - a bit flappy but the air beams were easy to use and it all felt pretty solid.

Didn't manage to get any pics, but I'll get some up soon.

What size does it pack down too?
Hexaway is officially 700x400x420, it fits nicely in the short area behind the seats, we do need to get better at folding it though! Ended up with it quite long and thin last time, but it still all fit in

Sky canopy is 700x200x250 (without walls). Again, the better you pack it (ie, don't try and do it on a very windy beach...), the smaller it goes. Fits nicely under the rib seat - would go considerably smaller if you take the pump out of the bag.

Last edited:
Kampa VW Trip air
I purchased this from Attwools yesterday, will post an installed pic after next weekend.
74A216FF-5AB5-49C2-A0C9-68660DEC7AC2.jpeg

IMG_0940.jpeg

Last edited:
Kampa VW Trip air
I purchased this from Attwools yesterday, will post an installed pic after next weekend.

View attachment 80046
Will be interested to know how this works out for you.... similar to the Vango Palm Low sizewise which we find good for one or two nights for just two of us. We do seem to have a problem with the awning trying and often succeeding in shifting backwards along the awning rail. We now use a rail stop which helps a bit, but it still moves....even with careful pegging.

Will be interested to know how this works out for you.... similar to the Vango Palm Low sizewise which we find good for one or two nights for just two of us. We do seem to have a problem with the awning trying and often succeeding in shifting backwards along the awning rail. We now use a rail stop which helps a bit, but it still moves....even with careful pegging.
@SENTINEL We had the same problem and sorted it with 2 straps 1 front and 1 rear it's the straps that you could use to fit awning by going over the roof if that makes sense I just changed them for orange straps and cam buckles works a treat20200804_173242.jpg

@SENTINEL We had the same problem and sorted it with 2 straps 1 front and 1 rear it's the straps that you could use to fit awning by going over the roof if that makes sense I just changed them for orange straps and cam buckles works a treatView attachment 80051
Ah, thank you! Will give it a try! Can I ask where you got the orange straps and cam buckles from? Thanks

Dometic wind out canopy (2.6m x 2m)
IMG_20200805_215019.jpg
Kampa motion air (with sun canopy attached)
IMG_20200805_215042.jpgIMG_20200731_203854.jpgIMG_20200805_215110.jpg

Reactions: CAB
We were close to getting the Hexaway, how do you like it? Have you thought about the canopy?
It’s really big inside, and very easy to put up, as any of the three inflation points will inflate the whole thing.

We did think about the canopy, but it’s huge. So, I might try and make some connectors so we can use the sky canopy on the hexaway as a canopy, as that’s a fair bit smaller.

It’s really big inside, and very easy to put up, as any of the three inflation points will inflate the whole thing.

We did think about the canopy, but it’s huge. So, I might try and make some connectors so we can use the sky canopy on the hexaway as a canopy, as that’s a fair bit smaller.
Connected tubes all inflating from any of the points is good but be careful with the inflation pressures and, especially if you expect the temperature to rise after putting the awning up or to move from shade to full sun, stick to the bottom end of the recommended inflation pressure - you can always add a bit later; we had a Hex Hub (freestanding forerunner of the Hexaway, essentially the same thing without the tunnel) and put it up one summer morning last year ready for a barbecue. I went out shopping for the food and when I came back the awning was flat to the ground - Jo said she had heard loud bang whilst I was out - turns out one of the tubes had blown with a jagged rip several inches long. It was a very hot day and we can only assume that the mid to late morning temperature rise significantly increased the pressure in the tubes, causing this catastrophic failure. The nature of the rip meant it was just not practical to repair - you can get replacement tube sets but, for us, it was just not worth the hassle.

Interesting. We've gone for the middle of the range on pressure (7PSI? If I remember correctly), but maybe we'll go 6 in future, unless it's cold and windy!

Khyam motordome pro.
First try out of my latest awning. So far pretty impressed. Lots of window/door openings. Well thought out sewn-in groundsheet with drop-down step and EHU access points. Very high roof so loads of headroom. Fairly easy to put up. Had some strong winds and rain yesterday and not had any issues. See how packing it away goes in a few days. The only downside so far is the bag it comes in which is rather large and heavy.

*edit* so just to update packing away was pretty painless, went in bag first time without any issues. Like I said though is a very large heavy bag but was very impressed with this awning. Much to the wife's pleasure it may be a keeper

20200806_091505.jpg20200806_091517.jpg
DJI_0012.JPG

Last edited:
Back