Which? Aftermarket Headlight choices

The Drl in the H7's are the sections at the bottom.....you can legally put LED bulbs in those to give a white light although it may through up an error on the bulb monitoring facility. You can switch the bulb monitoring off if it bugs you.
Cheers bud. Got any pics with the drl’s working? Or haven’t you got H7’s?

Pic 1.....Drls on....switch position 0
Pic 2.....Drls and sidelights....switch position 'parking light'
Pic 3.....Main H7 low beam and parking light.....full lights position.

20211102_151715.jpg

20211102_151700.jpg

20211102_151644.jpg

I'd have V1s or V2s. The indicators and DRLs are dim by comparison on the V3s. The aftermarket lights with projector dipped beams allows the fitment of LED or HIDs for even better light output.

Each to their own I guess, I personally prefer a more Oem look and the H7's give me a reasonable light output especially when coded to keep low beam when when high beam activated.
There seems to be a reasonable supply of H7's on ebay and marketplace....expect to pay 100-200 for a used set in various conditions.

Each to their own I guess, I personally prefer a more Oem look and the H7's give me a reasonable light output especially when coded to keep low beam when when high beam activated.
There seems to be a reasonable supply of H7's on ebay and marketplace....expect to pay 100-200 for a used set in various conditions.
Thanks. I have been following the thread since getting my van and realising the H4’s were poo and hence keeping an eye on eBay

Thanks. I have been following the thread since getting my van and realising the H4’s were poo and hence keeping an eye on eBay
The THQ lights have the benefit of a projector lens for the H7 dipped beam which means you can run LED or HID bulbs safely.

The V3 all black headlights have a different DRL/Indicator diffuser than the other V3 options and as such the indicator is much brighter.

They are a very good headlight upgrade for the money.

If you prefer the OEM look then the H7 is a worthwhile upgrade and cheaper if you can find a good used set.

We’ve fitted several of each option at the cave and customers have been very happy with both, but with the THQ LED bulb in the V3 projector you will get better performance than the OEM H7s.

Whichever option you choose, you’ll need to code the van to keep the dipped bean in when using full beam.

The THQ lights have the benefit of a projector lens for the H7 dipped beam which means you can run LED or HID bulbs safely.

The V3 all black headlights have a different DRL/Indicator diffuser than the other V3 options and as such the indicator is much brighter.

They are a very good headlight upgrade for the money.

If you prefer the OEM look then the H7 is a worthwhile upgrade and cheaper if you can find a good used set.

We’ve fitted several of each option at the cave and customers have been very happy with both, but with the THQ LED bulb in the V3 projector you will get better performance than the OEM H7s.

Whichever option you choose, you’ll need to code the van to keep the dipped bean in when using full beam.
You are like my wife Chris…….spending my money hahaha!

thanks for a decent explanation on the options though:thumbsup:

I've just had a bit of a play with a pair of Fabia headlights. Retro fitting bi-xenon projectors with a H1 HID kit. I also had a spare set of LED bulbs for the main beams, but as the projectors do both dipped and main beam duties, they are not really necessary.

The cost of the projectors and HID kit was £90. Now I know how to do the job, I reckon 2 hours work. This could be a very good upgrade for H4s which would give far better results than the H7 or THQ upgrades.

20211127_121221.jpg

20211127_121236.jpg

Note. The HID kit linked above is not the one I used. The Fabia doesn't have bulb monitoring, so I could use a cheaper kit. The terminators are the ones needed to keep the T6 happy.

Last edited:
I've just had a bit of a play with a pair of Fabia headlights. Retro fitting bi-xenon projectors with a H1 HID kit. I also had a spare set of LED bulbs for the main beams, but as the projectors do both dipped and main beam duties, they are not really necessary.

The cost of the projectors and HID kit was £90. Now I know how to do the job, I reckon 2 hours work. This could be a very good upgrade for H4s which would give far better results than the H7 or THQ upgrades.

View attachment 137799

View attachment 137800

Note. The HID kit linked above is not the one I used. The Fabia doesn't have bulb monitoring, so I could use a cheaper kit. The terminators are the ones needed to keep the T6 happy.
What were they like to open up? The only way I've been able to get in to T6 lights is by carefully cutting my way in. The projectors look like the ones I've used on mine, £30ish from eBay?

They were easy. 8 minutes in a 100 degree oven with the door wedged open a bit. I used a trim tool to prize them open, then they just pulled apart.

Putting them back together was a matter of lining them up, giving them about 5 mins in the oven to soften the sealant, then a good squeeze up tight.

They were easy. 8 minutes in a 100 degree oven with the door wedged open a bit. I used a trim tool to prize them open, then they just pulled apart.

Putting them back together was a matter of lining them up, giving them about 5 mins in the oven to soften the sealant, then a good squeeze up tight.
I wish T6 lights were that easy!

What were they like to open up? The only way I've been able to get in to T6 lights is by carefully cutting my way in. The projectors look like the ones I've used on mine, £30ish from eBay?

Hello all,

not sure if anyone has asked this before, are the Transporter HQ and the Travelin lite DRL head lights from the same manufacture,
looking at getting the Black V2 lights.
any preference if not?
sorry just to add , i currently have the caravelle h7 headlights apparently, not that i would know the difference
Hi I've fitted new headlights to my t6 as originals where like candles. I can say the upgrade is excellent. Also have drls in and are projectors purchased from pay less parts.

Hi I've fitted new headlights to my t6 as originals where like candles. I can say the upgrade is excellent. Also have drls in and are projectors purchased from pay less parts.
Which lights did you go for?

The lights I chose have the dress in them and I think they come from travelin lite they are on the pay later parts site.

I too am looking at upgrading, we haven’t had the van long, and have only recently started driving around dark lanes at night. It seems you have two options with the normal headights, drive using the force or blind everyone with high beam ‍ I chose to use the force but its difficult! THQ seem good, and probably the most reasonably priced. I have heard others saying they get good results from just better bulbs though

I too am looking at upgrading, we haven’t had the van long, and have only recently started driving around dark lanes at night. It seems you have two options with the normal headights, drive using the force or blind everyone with high beam * I chose to use the force but its difficult! THQ seem good, and probably the most reasonably priced. I have heard others saying they get good results from just better bulbs though
I tried better bulbs (I know, I know, bulbs grow in the garden, they're lamps!!) but none can make the H4's adequate.
THQ with HID's is a good value way to go unless you can shell out big bucks on a factory LED retro fit.

Back