Which? Aftermarket Headlight choices

I too am looking at upgrading, we haven’t had the van long, and have only recently started driving around dark lanes at night. It seems you have two options with the normal headights, drive using the force or blind everyone with high beam * I chose to use the force but its difficult! THQ seem good, and probably the most reasonably priced. I have heard others saying they get good results from just better bulbs though
T6 or T6.1?

If T6, then H7s less than half the price of aftermarket.

so, I have the THQ v3s with the h7 leds in them, i find them a bit mehhh. has anyone tried with hids instead? my commute is pretty much country lanes, and at night time, some more light would be amazing.

so, I have the THQ v3s with the h7 leds in them, i find them a bit mehhh. has anyone tried with hids instead? my commute is pretty much country lanes, and at night time, some more light would be amazing.
I've got V2's with HID's in dipped beam behind the projector.
They're very good, as good as my wife's Volvo factory LED's.

I had some DRL headlights fitted and I was under the impression that all the lamps were LED. Unfortunately I was mistaken as the whole reason I went through the change was to get better driving lights at night. My conversion now has H1 lamps for main beam and H11 for normal driving beam. This all got very confusing when attempting to get led lamps fitted after the fact. I've now opted to get some H11 led lamps and after research I have opted for "Bevinsee" at around £47 for the pair. Tried some cheaper ones previously that were supposed to be error free but wasn't.

I tried the Osram Nightbreakers but they just didn't project far enough.

To be honest the whole thing has been very frustrating. I started to mess with the H1 lamps yesterday and now can't get the spring clip back on.....Nightmare. Bumper may have to come off!!

I've got the non LED headlights and in the absence of any other options, I went with Philips Ultinon Pro9000 LED Car Headlight Bulb (H7), set of 2 and I'm pretty happy.
I'm looking to go LED on the H15's nest to sort the remaining yellow lights out.
Pic shows original bulb and new LED

View attachment 145878
Just clicked link and choked when I seen price lol seriously tho are they good any errors? Reason I’m asking is I’m picking up h7 lights on the weekend and am in a pickle of which bulbs to fit? I take it will be roughly same price for h15 ?

Just be aware that no LED bulb is designed to work in reflector headlights. They may well give more output, but they also scatter stray light due to the light source not being equally distributed on the reflector light a halogen bulb is.

Thanks @dubber36 have read many a thread on lights and you’ve featured on many of them! I like the oem look hence changing from h4 to h7 just want a white looking half decent front end! Any bulbs you would recommend?

Thanks @dubber36 have read many a thread on lights and you’ve featured on many of them! I like the oem look hence changing from h4 to h7 just want a white looking half decent front end! Any bulbs you would recommend?
@Chippie1 take a look at these…. if you’re upgrading to H7 from H4, you’ll be very impressed with these. :thumbsup:

Couple of questions on HID bulbs in THQ lights.

1. If THQ are willing to sell LED bulbs for the projectors why don’t they put in HID bulbs which are obviously better?

2. Do HID bulbs in projectors dazzle at all?

Couple of questions on HID bulbs in THQ lights.

1. If THQ are willing to sell LED bulbs for the projectors why don’t they put in HID bulbs which are obviously better?

2. Do HID bulbs in projectors dazzle at all?
1. I had a chat with them on this, apparently its not something they have considered, they are big fans of the LED bulbs.
2. The projector gives cuts off the beam so you dont get the scatter like you would in a reflector lamp. Beam pattern is perfect

My guess is that they used LED bulbs for two reasons.

1. LED is the option people wish they'd ticked, so this is a way of pretending to have LED headlights.
2. The HID is an untidy installation in comparison.

I think you’re probably right @dubber36 on both accounts. I must admit the extra gubbings will annoy me a bit and even when strapped down and tidied up, feel will be a bit of a give away come MOT time.

Got to admit I’m a bit of a worrier when it comes to these things and have the same dilemma with tire sizes…. Problem is I do want them though (someone pass me the gun)!

Get yourself a battery cover. That will hide the nearside stuff. The offside ballasts can be pretty well hidden between the headlight and air box.

Back