UPDATE: See this post:
Headlight upgrade choices

Vee Dub Headlights
T6 Chrome LightBar Headlights - Vee Dub Transporters

T6 Forum Shop
Genuine VW T6 Replacement Front Headlight Unit - H7

Travelinlite Transporters
T6 DRL HEADLIGHTS - PREORDER NOW!!

I'm going to change my H4's due to them being utterly woeful at putting light out onto the road and I'm confused as to the options above. I think the Travelinlite offering may not be road legal (dipped beam going off when main headlight comes on), the Forum shop offering is factory H7 OEM, and the Vee Dub offering is apparently an H9 ? (??)
Is the Vee Dub offering legal as I'm favouring that option? Anything else I should know? I'd probably take the units to a garage and get them to swap them out.

Not seen those Vee Dub ones before, are they just another rebadging of the TransporterHQ/Travellinlite ones or are they something new altogether?

Not seen those Vee Dub ones before, are they just another rebadging of the TransporterHQ/Travellinlite ones or are they something new altogether?
I've bought stuff from the site and received an email from them today, they look different. I'm puzzled by the reference to H9's for dipped beam?

Yes they look virtually identical apart from a couple of bits where the photos don't show the right bit to compare. The fact they're in stock means they could be different, and they're only offering them in chrome but they may have got them from the same chinese supplier that sold them to the other two.

Well I bought Halfords H4 that claim to be 150% brighter, wouldn’t go that far but definitely an improvement

These are the best after market out there imho - the drl looks most like standard and not individual leds

FD11F6D0-1E3F-4FBA-87A6-B718CC61D31E.png

Its seems a massive coincidence that about 10 companys have all released aftermarket lights at the same time so probably right mate. Add to that the fact he also mentions a bulb error on the Euro 6 like others say. They are H9’s aswell. The guy said he will test them out tonight.

When I spoke to TransporterHQ in May I got shown a video of them. They said they'd been approached by a Chinese manufacturer looking for an outlet and I would presume they were approaching other retailers at the time. It took so long to bring them to market because there was an issue with something like the R headlight staying dim after the indicator had been on (I forget the exact details) and they sent an engineer over from China to iron out the problems before they could be approved for use.

I notice several more people are offering them for sale as of yesterday/today they have to be the same units only thing I notice is they say 65watt, I thought 55w was the legal max ?

I notice several more people are offering them for sale as of yesterday/today they have to be the same units only thing I notice is they say 65watt, I thought 55w was the legal max ?
It is, they’re selling with H9 lamps which I’m pretty sure are just H7s with a bigger filament hence higher output.

I remember back in my youth fitting a highly illegal 100W bulb to the woeful headlight on my Moto Guzzi. The combination of that and the crap Italian wiring meant that the wiring would occasionally catch fire. I got so used to it that eventually I didn’t bother to stop. I can still see the face of the old woman in a Fiat 126 who came round the corner towards me as I was riding along casually beating out a fire coming out from above the front forks.

Seeing as several of the companies seem to have got them in stock now it shouldn’t be long before we get a verdict on here from the first people to fit them.

It wouldn't surprise me to see them on Ali Express, direct from the Chinese manufacturer when sales here drop off.

They have a different colour
Pretty sure they're the same ones again, taking the pics in the dark blows out the highlights so you can't see the individual LEDs.
they do actually seem like a different light...here’s a brighter picture. I’m not keen on the blue tinge but the output seems much better.

F71C824C-EBD6-49EC-97CD-E96DE2B8EDD1.jpeg

I emailed Vee Dub and I hope they don't mind me repeating their reply here :

Thank you for your email.

The standard H4 bulbs are 55w, whilst the H9 bulbs fitted to these lights are 65w, so they will be slightly brighter than your current lights. The main beam takes H1 bulbs and these lights are road legal and fully E marked.

If these lights are fitted to a Euro 6 model it might put the bulb error light on which can be turned off using VAG_COM, it could fail an MOT because of that error light, but an auto electrician/mechanic should be able to rectify this easily.

After looking at the images ours are not the same as the ones on Travelinlite, ours have LED indicators whilst theirs look to have standard indicators, in regards to theirs not being road legal we can't comment on that as we don't stock that item.
Kind Regards,

I've a Euro 5 T6 so shouldn't have the bulb error light so that's one thing less for me to be concerned about. I'm tempted to go for these but will chew it over a few days, comments welcome....

The TransporterHQ and Travelinlite look to be the same units, the others look different.

The TransporterHQ/Travelinlite ones use a regular bulb for the indicator rather than those extra LEDs in other sellers versions. Also the headlight bulb surrounds appear to closely mimic the shape of the two LED light units in the oem LED headlights. The others are similar but not the same units.

Last edited:
Back