Where Have You Been In Your Van Today?

Long slow drive from Warrington to Reading this afternoon.

Reckon going North would have been worse, some serious queues on the M6 and M40 on the Northbound carriageways

Lots of T6s on the move, clocked a couple of nice ones

We'd camped 6 times, ranging from 2 nights to 6 nights, since getting the van in October, but never tried touring before (either in our tents previously or the van). We've just come back after spending 2 nights each in Mablethorpe (Haven site - reliving some childhood memories), Sandringham (Camping & Caravan Club site) and St Neots (Camping & Caravan Club site). Touring duck now broken, we are up for trying lots more - home for the weekend but hoping to get off again sometime next week.

We'd camped 6 times, ranging from 2 nights to 6 nights, since getting the van in October, but never tried touring before (either in our tents previously or the van). We've just come back after spending 2 nights each in Mablethorpe (Haven site - reliving some childhood memories), Sandringham (Camping & Caravan Club site) and St Neots (Camping & Caravan Club site). Touring duck now broken, we are up for trying lots more - home for the weekend but hoping to get off again sometime next week.
Mablethorpe :eek: I work about a mile from the place and always trying to get away :rofl:

Mablethorpe :eek: I work about a mile from the place and always trying to get away :rofl:
I know just what you mean - avoided going back for years but my son (12) has been pestering. Actually enjoyed it a lot more than we expected to and the dogs loved the massive beach - not sure we will be rushing back but never say never. Glorious weather for the time of year helped!!

The beaches are nice especially Sandilands, not as busy, its just the town that lets the place down :cry: I'm at the big Gas terminal up the road, but live in sunny Cleethorpes. @Davenjo

The beaches are nice especially Sandilands, not as busy, its just the town that lets the place down :cry: I'm at the big Gas terminal up the road, but live in sunny Cleethorpes. @Davenjo
Good old Theddlethorpe - I visited the British Gas/Transco/National Grid side of the terminal with work a few times.

Been to the dump with a cardboard box and found out we have all been going about this wrong trying to establish if our vans are commercial vehicles or not. Apparently my velle is a commercial vehicle cos the man at the dump says so and I have to apply for a new permit.
So there you go, don't worry about dvla, windows, seats or weight- just pop down to your local recycling centre to find out from the man who knows- obvious really should have thought of it before.........

Ahh the good old dump gestapo strike again. Oxfordshire obviously hire from the same place, however Northamptonshire don't care. Regularly turn up in my van, and the only thing they are interested in is that you are not putting gypsum plaster in the skip marked rubble.:thumbsup:.

Back