Where Have You Been In Your Van Today?

Lots and lots of wind turbines in the background there m8 Prestatyn area by any chance

Yeah, you're right. They live in Kimnel Bay. Right on the side of the beach.... the other side of that wall is the beach!! They love it...... I've already been out on the beach with the dog this morning!

Yeah, you're right. They live in Kimnel Bay. Right on the side of the beach.... the other side of that wall is the beach!! They love it...... I've already been out on the beach with the dog this morning!
Being on the beach on a wet winter morning walking the dog sounds very refreshing, especially if it's then back indoors for hot coffee and bacon sandwich. Currently stuck in a roasting hot leisure centre spectator gallery whilst the kids are doing swimming club.
When did Sundays stop being lie-in day?

It's absolutely chucking it down here this morning the poor dog ain't going for a walk ha.
I'm working with a lad at the moment who moved to Prestatyn 3 years ago he said it's the best thing they have ever done lovely place

Just back from ten days in Cornwall at our static caravan. Had a few good walks even thou it was foggy most of the time. Can't wait to get back.

How are you getting on with the wave rider @Amped?
Loving it mate,still only got 4hrs on it so far. Can't wait till my next day off so I can go ride again. Was my first solo launch/ride/reload today so now I know
I can do it will be out every opportunity

In Melbourne this weekend; the one that sits right underneath the Castle Donnington airport on the Leicestershire/ Derbyshire boarder, rather than Aus - but then that would have been hell of a drive!
WP_20170311_11_05_34_Pro.jpg
You can just see the van in the background.

Stuck in the sand:eek: Just digging a wildlife pond, and couldn't resist a trip up the sand bank!!IMG_3469.JPG
IMG_3470.JPG
IMG_3474.JPG
So I have mud and snow slightly oversizes tyres, 4 wheel drive, rear axel difflock; what can possibly go wrong???
You push the "diff lock" button before attempting the soft sand; you lock the "dsg in 1st gear"; you cannot be bothered to reduce your tyre pressure from 42psi to 15psi as you should for soft sand; but you forget to
push the "traction control off"button
You get to the tricky bit; you are pushing your luck regarding ground clearance; the wheels spin; the revs die; and the forward momentum you need to get over the pile of sand is lost in a second; you then spin your wheels and dig big holes in another second with the engine cutting its revs etc etc; the lower side of the van is feeling particularly dug in; game over.
At that point you pop along to brothers who has a Navara with big chunky rubber; and VB air on the rear axel; you are then pulled out; and then face the humiliation of the Navara showing off going across the sand in every possible way; and that it is about 76 times better off road the a T6 if you forget to push the correct buttons.
IMG_3481.JPG

IMG_3482.JPG

tried the same run again, after being recovered; with "traction control off", no problem at all. But certainly not a Navara, mmmm unless I get some air suspension, big tyres......... :)

Ooopsy, epic fail. Don't worry I'm sure you'll live it down - in about 20 years or so. At least the colour of the van made it camouflaged so no one passing could have seen it.

Back