Where Have You Been In Your Van Today?

"If you need to travel you should stay local. This means you should avoid travelling outside of your village, town or the part of a city where you live. You should reduce the number of journeys you make overall."

Still not seeing this 3 mile rule and if you reference my post earlier .....

UK Government guidance strongly requests that people do not leave their local area. However, the Covid Regulations which officers enforce and which enables them to issue FPNs for breaches, do not restrict the distance travelled for exercise.

requests are neither rules or laws

You’re right! I couldn’t find the 3-mile rule you referenced either!

Still not seeing this 3 mile rule and if you reference my post earlier .....

UK Government guidance strongly requests that people do not leave their local area. However, the Covid Regulations which officers enforce and which enables them to issue FPNs for breaches, do not restrict the distance travelled for exercise.

requests are neither rules or laws

I apologise sincerely. My common sense is different to yours.

This discussion is playing out on Internet forums and social media continuously, and it always ends up in disagreement.
It’s not worth arguing about as you won’t agree, and you will just start trading insults.

Pete

This discussion is playing out on Internet forums and social media continuously, and it always ends up in disagreement.
It’s not worth arguing about as you won’t agree.

Pete
Yea i'll leave it there, can't be bothered with having to explain why i won't follow a made up rule. :sleep::speechless:

Last edited:
Us Brit’s need a reality check, nobody in this country is refused medical attention based on their bank balance. Whatever hardship we are experiencing is nothing compared to being turned away from hospital because you can’t pay for the oxygen.

Us Brit’s need a reality check, nobody in this country is refused medical attention based on their bank balance. Whatever hardship we are experiencing is nothing compared to being turned away from hospital because you can’t pay for the oxygen.

that's on it way though...
:eek:

Funeral of my Dad's cousin today, then to Dave Richards (Prodrive) neighbour's house tomorrow. You can't see Dave's house or garages from next door, but you can see his helipad and hanger from one of the bedroom windows.

Looked at my van and thought it needs a wash! Been anywhere? Not a freaking chance!!!
It begs the question: when I bought it pre-lockdown to replace my 5.1 Cali, do I have a depreciating or appreciating asset on my drive doing the square root of sod all miles?!! (I repeatedly tell myself it’s the latter!!!)

Looked at my van and thought it needs a wash! Been anywhere? Not a freaking chance!!!
It begs the question: when I bought it pre-lockdown to replace my 5.1 Cali, do I have a depreciating or appreciating asset on my drive doing the square root of sod all miles?!! (I repeatedly tell myself it’s the latter!!!)
Apparently everyone wants to buy a camper or motor home at the moment which I guess means if you sell it now you may do ok but if you wait 6-9 months everyone will be flogging them so they can spend the money flying to costa del concrete again and the prices could plummet! :(

Alternately, keep it for ever more and the resell value is irrelevant:thumbsup:

Apparently everyone wants to buy a camper or motor home at the moment which I guess means if you sell it now you may do ok but if you wait 6-9 months everyone will be flogging them so they can spend the money flying to costa del concrete again and the prices could plummet! :(

Alternately, keep it for ever more and the resell value is irrelevant:thumbsup:
This one is a keeper - we loved our 5.1 but wanted the DSG! We also “sold” the 5.1 to mother-in-law......I say sold as we could have sold it on open market for £10k-£15k more....as it was such a good van!
The way we look at our new van is that it may have aged a few months but added very few miles....so it is to our benefit! My only grumble will be having it serviced due to elapsed time rather than elapsed miles!!!

The funny thing is, I thought to comment on a post on a previous page to the cyclist, who was at the coast and then chose not to - it seemed to go unnoticed. Clearly the stay local rule is lost on a lot of people, exercise or otherwise. The joke my mates make is that I can go anywhere as I look like an Amazon delivery van, but I haven't

The funny thing is, I thought to comment on a post on a previous page to the cyclist, who was at the coast and then chose not to - it seemed to go unnoticed. Clearly the stay local rule is lost on a lot of people, exercise or otherwise. The joke my mates make is that I can go anywhere as I look like an Amazon delivery van, but I haven't

If you mean me Andy, I was working at Bow Street, about 3 miles from Aberystwyth. As a building surveyor, I struggle to do that from home.

If you mean me Andy, I was working at Bow Street, about 3 miles from Aberystwyth. As a building surveyor, I struggle to do that from home.
Precisely why I should have stayed out of this one, apologies

Maybe we should of abbreviated this thread at the beginning of lockdown WHY Been In Your Van today? Get it ? :cool:

Back