Where Have You Been In Your Van Today?

Absolutely agree. I drove 14 miles to take part in my exercise. Some people drive further than that to mingle with others in supermarkets. I’m not taking any risks.

And please do not use other peoples poor judgement as an excuse for your own.

stop indulging on the "what are you drinking tonight" thread and you'd even make it to Surrey as well ;):laugh:
At a stretch....but the idiot quotient in Surrey is higher. Excuse me now, but I need to get the recycling out and I do it at night as it clinks a bit from all the bottles!

I was a bit flippant in posting something that clearly has question marks around whether it’s ok to do it, and @Bluesman totally got the wrong end of the stick.
I drove to a place/climb called Edgehill (@cgtmiles ) where you can string together two ascents of Edgehill itself - with the other ascent called Sunrising. There’s a hill climb comp here which I’m in for later in the year hopefully, so I strung a load of reps in and then came home. Hungry.
I think I’ve been the the castle pub there. Very nice, it didn’t help me get up any hills, maybe roll down them though :rofl:

Well, my 'WHYBIYVT' is quite dull in comparison....took it to main dealer for 'Gearbox Issue'! o_O I did get some exercise too though, walking form there to my daughters place of work for a lift home only to find she had a puncture...a deal was struck..I change her wheel, she gives me a haircut #shortstrawonbothcounts!!:eek:

Reactions: CAB
Well, my 'WHYBIYVT' is quite dull in comparison....took it to main dealer for 'Gearbox Issue'! o_O I did get some exercise too though, walking form there to my daughters place of work for a lift home only to find she had a puncture...a deal was struck..I change her wheel, she gives me a haircut #shortstrawonbothcounts!!:eek:
Rule breaker! We need a new thread: “What national guidelines have you broken today?” even if only to provide an outlet for a little sanctimonious chastisement from some of us. Don’t worry about facts or details - we won’t!

Never let the truth ruin a good story or the evidence a good conviction!!!

(Apologies to the coppers, serving or retired, on here but it is a line I love using with colleagues!)

I think the comfortable range for a high horse is 3 miles, but not everyone has tall stables, eh?!!
Rule breaker! We need a new thread: “What national guidelines have you broken today?” even if only to provide an outlet for a little sanctimonious chastisement from some of us. Don’t worry about facts or details - we won’t!

Never let the truth ruin a good story or the evidence a good conviction!!!

(Apologies to the coppers, serving or retired, on here but it is a line I love using with colleagues!)

Glad to see you all think the situation is funny. You obviously have not had to directly deal with the consequences of people making their own rules up and the sorrow it brings.

Not sure i've broken any National Guidelines today?

Glad to see you all think the situation is funny. You obviously have not had to directly deal with the consequences of people making their own rules up and the sorrow it brings.
What rules have we made up? The only made up rule i'm seeing on this thread is the one where it claims you cannot travel out of your own town or more than 3 miles from home.

And yes various members of my family have had 'rona too.

You're fortunate that she had a spare wheel, when my wife ripped the side out of a tyre last week, I chucked tools in the van and went to her only to find a tyre inflator where the spare wheel should be, that's not much help when there's a huge gash in a tyre!
Fortunately KwikFit had the exact tyre in stock and I popped in and got it sorted.

What rules have we made up? The only made up rule i'm seeing on this thread is the one where it claims you cannot travel out of your own town or more than 3 miles from home.

"If you need to travel you should stay local. This means you should avoid travelling outside of your village, town or the part of a city where you live. You should reduce the number of journeys you make overall."

You're fortunate that she had a spare wheel, when my wife ripped the side out of a tyre last week, I chucked tools in the van and went to her only to find a tyre inflator where the spare wheel should be, that's not much help when there's a huge gash in a tyre!
Fortunately KwikFit had the exact tyre in stock and I popped in and got it sorted.
Oh, I hate those toys they put in instead of a wheel. I’m not a fan of “space saver spares” either. I always spec a full-sized spare wheel - invariably because I often tow. Most tyre shops “decline” to fix a puncture when the gunk has been used to on the tyre.

"If you need to travel you should stay local. This means you should avoid travelling outside of your village, town or the part of a city where you live. You should reduce the number of journeys you make overall."

You’re right! I couldn’t find the 3-mile rule you referenced either!

Back