Where Have You Been In Your Van Today?

Not today, but yesterday I had a short trip so I could start my mountain bike ride somewhere else for a change (but still local)! Should have taken a pic really. Did a nice 4 1/2 hour ride with nearly 23 miles and 3000ft of climbing.
And to top it off some crazy low level flying by a couple of F22 raptors down Derwent Valley just above our heads. Mental low-they set all the car alarms off in the car park.
Love having the van so I can just get in the back, pull the blinds and get changed without having to drive home in wet clothes.

From what I've seen and heard I'd say Scottish lockdown travel regulations now seem to be widely ignored. This was always going to happen and non adherence will only increase in the coming weeks and months, the Scottish Government would be better acknowledging this and loosening those legal restrictions in order to retain a semblance of compliance.
Thankfully, as far as driving is concerned, any breach of travel restrictions only seem to come to light in the event of another incident - the police are not stopping people or routinely looking for breaches, e.g. Don't go out of area and get caught speeding or amber gambling.

People are seeing how non-sensical the travel restriction is. If I go to the top of my road for a ride/walk it’s like a busy town centre. I live where all the townies are driving miles to walk in the countryside.
If I drive a few miles from home then I can ride my bike all day and see a coupe of people.
As I’ve recently retired I’m pretty insular apart from going out for a ride with 1 other person-which is of course allowed.

People are seeing how non-sensical the travel restriction is. If I go to the top of my road for a ride/walk it’s like a busy town centre. I live where all the townies are driving miles to walk in the countryside.
If I drive a few miles from home then I can ride my bike all day and see a coupe of people.
As I’ve recently retired I’m pretty insular apart from going out for a ride with 1 other person-which is of course allowed.
Unfortunately it takes a sledgehammer to crack a nut as there will always be a large percentage who either don’t care, don’t understand or can’t remember.
As far as people seeing the non-sensical side of the travel restriction, if there has been a survey recently it’s only made with data from people who are still alive.
Like it or not us humans are more ruthless than we are comfortable to admit, part of the reason we are successful as a species.

Took our van out of storage on Monday (as we do every 3 weeks or so) drove to friends Tuesday went for a walk with them about 5 or 6 miles it was very warm ! Cleaned it this morning then took it back into storage all exciting stuff!!

Back