Where Have You Been In Your Van Today?

Yep. They were open for takeaway tea and coffee, plus their Forest Distillery gin and whisky, but we'd forgotten to take any money :rolleyes:
Wow I didn’t know they are open. Been closed a couple of years as far as I knew. Don’t ride up there any more. The average speed cameras at 50 have spoiled it. :thumbsdown: Don’t you have contactless?

Wow I didn’t know they are open. Been closed a couple of years as far as I knew. Don’t ride up there any more. The average speed cameras at 50 have spoiled it. :thumbsdown: Don’t you have contactless?
Got so used to everything being closed, didn't think to take my wallet, and too contrary to set up my phone for it :thumbsdown:

Well done there - Luddites rule OK!

When my Bank sent me a new debit card I rang them up and asked them to send me a non contactless card. They refused and said that they weren’t available anymore.
So I went online and found a way of disabling the contactless function. All you need is a powerful torch, marker pen and a small drill (I think I used a 1.5mm drill)
Place the torch underneath the card and turn it on, you’ll see the outline of a wire that comes out of the chip and goes around the card and then goes back into the chip.
Use the marker pen to mark the location of the wire and then just drill a hole to break the wire.
This disables contactless and the card will still work for chip and pin as normal.

2B716885-D84C-47FD-9700-2601301DAC46.jpeg

When my Bank sent me a new debit card I rang them up and asked them to send me a non contactless card. They refused and said that they weren’t available anymore.
So I went online and found a way of disabling the contactless function. All you need is a powerful torch, marker pen and a small drill (I think I used a 1.5mm drill)
Place the torch underneath the card and turn it on, you’ll see the outline of a wire that comes out of the chip and goes around the card and then goes back into the chip.
Use the marker pen to mark the location of the wire and then just drill a hole to break the wire.
This disables contactless and the card will still work for chip and pin as normal.

View attachment 72939

Cant quite see the long number and the 3 numbers on the back.............:inlove:

View attachment 72939
You should of asked them for the free tin foil hat when they sent you your card :think smile bounce:
D8B4006E-0E47-4BDD-8C73-5458C59FC620.jpeg

View attachment 72939
You should just be able to snip off a corner instead of drilling.

Back