Where Have You Been In Your Van Today?

It's greedy and it's selfish. End of.
These people should be beaten in the streets. There is no need, at all.
It's just stupid people listening to the idiots in the media, and let's face it, journalists can't even spell or use correct grammar these days so don't have a clue about anything else. Morons, both.

Going by what’s happening regarding the foolishness of people misunderstanding ( this was once common sense) we went for a short drive to Lady Bower reservoir via Hope cross while maintaining distance control ( with dashcam footage to support it)

482BDAAD-B4B6-4F49-8967-50026F7105A3.jpeg 9AC65699-643B-4B78-B9AE-1059CD8E7686.jpeg 06FDE7B7-0D28-43BB-B7C9-5E97B0C2019B.jpeg

Going by what’s happening regarding the foolishness of people misunderstanding ( this was once common sense) we went for a short drive to Lady Bower reservoir via Hope cross while maintaining distance control ( with dashcam footage to support it)

View attachment 63823 View attachment 63824 View attachment 63825
Think the key thing is that we all should be respectful and follow the rules. I am itching to go out in my newly converted camper - picked it up last Monday!!! If and when we do go out - depending on the guidelines - we will only stop somewhere isolated and if there are no people. Crowds are a 'no no' for us at the moment as i want to stay healthy to look after my parents - who i am already keeping at arms length...

Sounds like no one will be going anywhere after Boris’ 8.30 news conference! Sensible social distancing or not which is really annoying!

Sounds like no one will be going anywhere after Boris’ 8.30 news conference! Sensible social distancing or not which is really annoying!
Yep the situation will be taken out of our hands soon and once again a minority ruin it for the many ..ok I went out ..used my head went on a school day..used a lay-by..me one lorry and two cars ..eat in the van 45 mins later packed up drove home. I would like to think that’s common sense and unfortunately that can’t be taught ( maybe it should be) or I could use my old Boy Scout skills. However what will be......

Yep the situation will be taken out of our hands soon and once again a minority ruin it for the many ..ok I went out ..used my head went on a school day..used a lay-by..me one lorry and two cars ..eat in the van 45 mins later packed up drove home. I would like to think that’s common sense and unfortunately that can’t be taught ( maybe it should be) or I could use my old Boy Scout skills. However what will be......

Un believable , so if you have an accident whilst out on your little jolly that's emergency services being diverted away from potentially treating coronavirus patients and if its serious, taking up a valuable hospital bed. Dont be so bloody selfish!

Un believable , so if you have an accident whilst out on your little jolly that's emergency services being diverted away from potentially treating coronavirus patients and if its serious, taking up a valuable hospital bed. Dont be so bloody selfish!
Hey @kiter, think @VanDamMan was talking about working within the restrictions that were, not are... and therefore has a reasonable point - he wasn't heading up Snowden with the hoards...

Keep calm and carry on - well within your own four walls anyways... feel really sorry for the Van Lifers (see them on you tube) it will be harder in the current climate!!

Yeh take your point as far as I could have had an accident but you could say anyone driving to the shops could be a risk, however I returned safe and sound . The point is if you read between the lines , is that it was yesterday safe to go out if you followed the guide lines and applied common sense ..not the crowds in Snowden or Regent’s Park ...or hill walkers in Bonny Scotland that put a strain on volunteer services ....Was it selfish to get some fresh air without driving miles and to choose an isolated Area that would not put me and my wife in any danger or others regarding covid 19 ...if you are lucky to live in the highlands or national parks you may have the pleasure of enjoying your surroundings others don’t ...so it can be a draw to people to want to travel to these places..not anymore...but there are responsible people out there that take precautions and mitigate any risks

things are changing and as long as we all do what we are now asked..we will all stay safe :thumbsup:

I love this page, it's the first one I look for to see where everyone has been. It's also motivated me to go to some of those places other members have recommended and they've been great experiences. However, since the Government are telling us very clearly to stay at home, I'm wondering how appropriate it is for people to continue showing their defiance to adhere to the advice via these pages? It seems everyone has an excuse ("I'm using my common sense") but the Gov aren't telling people to interpret that how they want to, they're strongly telling people to stay at home for quite obvious reasons.

I've just got back from walking the dog and it would be an understatement to say the park is rammed full of people. And of course, they all know better don't they? They're all using 'common sense' right? But they're not. They're using self entitlement and selfishness to maintain what they think they are entitled to do. A very sad example of 21 century society where everyone sticks two fingers up at everyone else because they feel perfectly entitled to do so.

Sorry if my rant has upset folk, it's not aimed at anyone specifically. Just the general public acting with self entitlement.

We're all in this sh1t together folks. For the good of the country can people please start to follow the advice and stay inside?

Massive overreaction!
If we follow that logic none of us should do any DIY, have you any idea how many people get injured doing DIY jobs?
None of us should mow the lawn, lay that patio, fix a towbar to the T6......
All of those things could end in a hospital admission, taking up a valuable bed. My evidence?
NHS warns against bank holiday DIY, with men far more likely than women to suffer an injury
Am I being bloody selfish if I take my dog for a walk? I could twist my ankle.....
So Van Dam Man went for a drive. How many people, in normal times, drive? Millions. How many end up in hospital because they went for a drive? I don't have accurate figures, but it's never happened to me in 35 years of driving every day, so I'm going to stick with not many!
Tube trains were full again this morning, you think all of those people were key workers?
To add some perspective, last week 7,000 people entered our country from Italy, China and Iran. No health checks, no quarantine.
Condemning a man who went for a drive (or "little jolly") as "bloody selfish" is not justified, whatever day he did it.

Last edited:
I think a little understanding and consideration is needed on all sides here.

I have only just got my van and been on the forum for a relatively short time but it has completely changed what ownership means to me. All you people on here have amazing knowledge and willingness to share as part of the t6 community. Friendly advice and opinions helped me modify my van in ways I couldn’t have done alone and friendly advice and opinions can help people modify there behaviour in the weird times we find ourselves now.

These are difficult times but they will end and most of us will live to carry on our lives. We just need to ensure when we get there our conscience is clear that we did what we could and make that a consideration whenever we do anything.

I was hoping this thread would be quiet due to latest requirements of the public, maybe should be changed to where haven't you been in your Van.
The Pub is open now for your healthy discussions to continue :thumbsup:

@DaveD If you're implying I'm being hypocritical, my dog is recovering from a cruciate operation and must be exercised for short periods. That's not enjoying myself chap, I'm simply following the vets advice.
The government's advice is: "Unless it is absolutely necessary stay in doors". Sorry, but it's absolutely necessary to provide my dog with the physiotherapy it has been prescribed. There's huge difference to doing that and going on a picnic.

GUY’s...lets call time...we all on hindsight will see things differently but unless your privy to every detail misunderstandings are presumed....the overarching point is follow the guidelines as they change...what was ok on one day won’t be tomorrow.

I do enjoy the forum and the friendly to and through ...and let’s return this thread back to its intended..Where have you been in your van today..

Pubs open :whistle::whistle::whistle:

Back