Where Have You Been In Your Van Today?

UNESSENTIAL TRAVEL is key.

IF WE ALL THINK ITS OK TO GO OUT DRIVING ROUND SOCIAL DISTANCING,

IT INCREASES THE CHANCES OF CRASHES, MEANING WE END UP IN HOSPITAL, RIGHT WHERE THE NHS CANT HANDLE US BEING RIGHT NOW

SECONDLY, USING YOUR VEHICLE MEANS USING FUEL STATIONS UNNECESSARILY!!!

and breath, peace out brothers.

let’s take this time to come up with designs and ideas of how we’re gonna build our next stage of our VANS!!!! Silver lining and all that

Took the van for a short drive from my drive to the bottom of my rear garden. Connected up to EHU, had a cuppa in there, listened to the radio. Gonna leave it there for the foreseeable future, will camp out a few nights & have a few cook outs. :thumbsup:
IMG_20200328_081353__01.jpg IMG_20200325_171132__01.jpg

Took the van for a short drive from my drive to the bottom of my rear garden. Connected up to EHU, had a cuppa in there, listened to the radio. Gonna leave it there for the foreseeable future, will camp out a few nights & have a few cook outs. :thumbsup:
View attachment 64267 View attachment 64268
Next meet..at your house then..:thumbsup::thumbsup::unsure:

Most of what you see there was covering the back garden!

I reckon the previous owner had shares in a concrete firm but by the rear bay windows there was a 100mm layer on top of an earlier 75mm layer which in turn was on top of a 75mm average thickness of limestone slabs... the damp proof course which I didn't think the house even had was buried under this 250mm of shite along with 4 airbricks... it's a miracle we could open the windows!

House is a 3 bed semi built in 1929 Paul and the way it's fitted with 91 yrs worth of modifications mean I'll still be knocking holes in it long after the lockdown curfew has ended.:oops:

Back garden's just over 80ft long and that's about 15ft worth of concrete...

Can we change this thread temporarily to

WHERE HAVEN’T YOU BEEN IN YOUR VAN TODAY?

We should encourage movement for ESSENTIAL USE only as per the guidelines so

food, medicines, care, work

NOT going for a drive to take you or your dog for a walk etc. This is NOT essential it’s very simple, touching gates, styles, car park machines, petrol pumps etc could be spreading!!

Common Sense rant over - we will get our time with immaculate, perfectly fitted out vans.

Patience for the patients !

Can we change this thread temporarily to

WHERE HAVEN’T YOU BEEN IN YOUR VAN TODAY?

We should encourage movement for ESSENTIAL USE only as per the guidelines so

food, medicines, care, work

NOT going for a drive to take you or your dog for a walk etc. This is NOT essential it’s very simple, touching gates, styles, car park machines, petrol pumps etc could be spreading!!

Common Sense rant over - we will get our time with immaculate, perfectly fitted out vans.

Patience for the patients !
“Chill Winston” I don’t think you need to trample all over long-standing topics ranting.

View attachment 64738
I reversed two and a half inches on my drive and set up camp. I’m going to sleep upstairs in it for the first time tonight because I’m bored. And also because I snored like a chainsaw last night it would seem.
The problem with doing it voluntarily is that for ever after, she can just tell you that your snoring's too loud and to feck off and sleep in the van - other words may be used if she's more polite than my lovely wife (just in case she reads this) after a bad nights sleep!

Today, we are NOT travelling to South Wales and then we are NOT going to travel up through wales next week then we are NOT going to camper fest in Chester.

Instead we will mostly be doing this in our new holiday substitute F3D23B78-997C-4CC9-8C1C-A73164EC4EAF.jpeg
and tonight we are having a street party with everyone on their own drives and camping out to support the NHS:thumbsup:

I was going to not go to Loch Ness today, but I couldn’t be bothered not doing the drive, so I’ve decided to stay more local and not go to Southsea instead.

Instead I’ve made a donation to the NHS and the kids and I will camp on the drive tonight.

Last edited:
When we got the van this is exactly the sort of day we thought we wouldn’t use it to head off for the day to Southend.

Back