I'm starting to enjoy this game!

Same journey every couple of weeks or so. Approx 15 mins of city driving at each end. Max 60mph on cruise.

199 T32 DSG Kombi. Standard everything and no real weight in the back. Be interested to see the difference e once I've finished fitting it out.

IMG_3020.jpeg

960 miles from Ayrshire to almost Brighton and back this weekend towing a loaded twin axle trailer and emm keeping with the motorway traffic, 33.9mpg with a SWB 247 Kombi running 18" wheels

2017 102 T32 manual. Did variation of motorway and local. Fitted cruise for 100 miles. I done 564 miles and got 40.1mpg dash came up with 39.5mpg. Got a trip to watch Stockport County on Wednesday so should see what motorway mpg I get with full cruise.

T6 TSi Pendle loaded campervan 3 people, in the Netherlands atm, 37mpg on the motorway where everyone drives within the limits.....32-33 on smaller roads thanks to a roundabout every 100m, petrol is almost £2 a litre

2018 T6 T30 SWB Kombi, lightly loaded 150ps TSI… was about 34mpg on a run, but dropped a bit when the fuel went to e10 to about 32ish. And just swapped to 18 steels (non-banded) with much more comfortable 235/50/18 uniroyal rainsport tyres and now it’s 30mpg if I’m lucky!
If I just pop to the shops a few miles away it probably says 20mpg on the dash!

I’m running 45psi front and 40 rear, so if anyone had that tyre size and has found a better pressure please let me know, it’s too early to see the wear pattern yet.

924CFBDD-8594-49E8-AA2E-ADDB05262C69.jpeg

I've just run the numbers on my recent road trip to the South of France in our 2018 T6 150PS manual full camper conversion. We drove a total of 1916 miles, 385 of which were the two legs of the trip from Gloucestershire to Eurotunnel and back but the rest was mainly quiet(ish) French toll motorways rarely exceeding 70MPH and mostly in 6th with cruise control on. Overall consumption, full tank to full tank worked out at a smidgeon over 35MPG. The van now has a total of 8100 on the odometer and I can but hope that at some point, the engine will decide that it has loosened up enough for it to start giving better MPG (then again, I try to be an optimist and it's the hope that kills you in the end).
Further to the above (which was posted in 'Excessive Fuel Use'), I've just done the sums on fuel consumption during another trip to France last month. Road conditions were generally very similar to those mentioned above but this time we drove a fairly direct route from Calais down to Ile d'Oleron and back to Calais via Normandy. As before, we used toll roads whenever available and kept to the same driving habits described above over 1600 miles. Fuel consumption was fairly close to the last time at just under 36MPG. The van has now done just under 11000 miles in total.

Reactions: CAB
Further to the above (which was posted in 'Excessive Fuel Use'), I've just done the sums on fuel consumption during another trip to France last month. Road conditions were generally very similar to those mentioned above but this time we drove a fairly direct route from Calais down to Ile d'Oleron and back to Calais via Normandy. As before, we used toll roads whenever available and kept to the same driving habits described above over 1600 miles. Fuel consumption was fairly close to the last time at just under 36MPG. The van has now done just under 11000 miles in total.
I think those figures are not bad for a camper ( which will be heavy) and 11k on the clock. We're about to set off to the Ardeche region in my T6.1 150 Kombi with 9K on the clock, and I will expect something similar, if not a touch better, but...... the simple truth is these engine get bet with time/miles. My previous T6 with 131k on the clock would rarely go under 40mpg on a run, and often mid 40's and more.

@Scruffy. As I reported elsewhere on here, fully loaded for 3 weeks away, with a full tank, two bikes on the tailgate rack and two humans, we recently weighed in right at the top end of T28 capacity (but happily I'm plated to a T30 equivalent). However, even when it's being driven without all the kit on board (about 360Kg worth), it still returns more or less the same MPG. When I bought the van, I expected more but no longer worry about it.

Done 4000 miles from glasgow to Spain and back. Average 30.6 mpg.
Glad (and boring) Glasgow to Cornwall and from Padstow to Folkestone, one tank, 740 miles! Day 3 got stressed about driving slow . France and Spain 85-90 mph most of the time.

Just done 650 miles from Portsmouth today Morzine at 80 mph on cruise. 3 of you s and bikes. 33mpg. Can’t grumble at that.
I'm doing Calais to Annecy next Saturday. I wasn't planning on setting the cruise as high as 80mph, so it will be interesting to see what mpg I get.

I'm doing Calais to Annecy next Saturday. I wasn't planning on setting the cruise as high as 80mph, so it will be interesting to see what mpg I get.
We were aircon’d up all the way too. Chuffing hot out here.

@Scruffy. As I reported elsewhere on here, fully loaded for 3 weeks away, with a full tank, two bikes on the tailgate rack and two humans, we recently weighed in right at the top end of T28 capacity (but happily I'm plated to a T30 equivalent). However, even when it's being driven without all the kit on board (about 360Kg worth), it still returns more or less the same MPG. When I bought the van, I expected more but no longer worry about it.
What size wheels and tyres do you have?

Love Annecy. If you haven't already done so check out Talloise on the east side of the lake, stunning.

Well, we were in no rush, so I set the cruise control at 66mph which was 1800rpm. The dash and actual consumption worked out with maths were identical. 36.3mpg. I can't decide whether that's good for a 2 tonne box, or shit because it's 20mpg worse than the Tig would have done.

Well, we were in no rush, so I set the cruise control at 66mph which was 1800rpm. The dash and actual consumption worked out with maths were identical. 36.3mpg. I can't decide whether that's good for a 2 tonne box, or shit because it's 20mpg worse than the Tig would have done.
I've do virtually the same trip half a dozen times a year but in a 'cough' Transit auto. Transit auto has a very low final drive, so its running at about 2800rpm at 80, and only returning about 27. Increases to over 30 at 75 mph. Funnily, I can improve the mpg by about 3mpg with cruise off but who wants to drive 600 miles without cruise control.
I will be taking my new T6.1 204DSG over for the first time at the end of the month so looking forward to how that compares. :cool:

Back