150 DSG Kombi on 18”wheels. Very low 30’s when brand new, but 6 weeks old now with nearly 4K on the clock and it’s now averaging 35 mpg. These engines need time and miles to loosen up, my old T6 ( 131k) when I sold it,was rarely under 40 mpg and more often than not mid 40’s.

Head winds and tail winds are often the biggest factor I find.

My t6.1 110 5speed does 38 at best, 33 Town and short journeys. Doubt the 235 65r17 yokohama geolanders help much thats sticking to 60 on a dual carriageway and 65 on motorway

Finally made 50mpg last week, cross country on Motorways and A roads, cruising with the lorries to save fuel.
I normally average 44mpg in mixed driving, mid 30's round town.
Standard 102bhp T6.
Much the same mpg as the wife's 1.2l petrol Micra (and I take the kitchen sink with me!).

20220314_154826.jpg

I "averaged" over 50mpg on the computer one time for a whole tank. Once calculated at the pump it was nearer 44...

• Sad
Reactions: CAB
38 mpg.
On dash and by tank calc.
Chuffed with that. 199 dsg. Not chipped.
70 mph on cruise 3hr each way. Av 58 mph.
Around town and short journeys are 25-28 mpg ish.

2018 (102). My aim on my commute (22 miles) is to get over 45mpg (indicated) as a minimum and achieve it most of the time, about 50% of the time i'm at 50mpg. I have seen 57-58 on a long A road jaunt at 50mph and no air con.

If I get a regen I drop to 42-43

I should note that its quite an effort to get the figures i mention above. I pick my route so I can sit with the cruise at 50mph and roll into junctions and down hill, avoid traffic lights etc. I guess i'm getting old as quite enjoy the challenge, and because of the cost of diesel and the enviromental factors i think its worth doing

Driven like I'm in my 20s the van gets mid to low 30s

On a recent long drive from Munich to Rotterdam on German autobahns with the cruise on 90 mph for most of the time and loaded with ski gear and holiday clothing for 2, my TSI did 25 mpg on LPG (petrol would have been about 2 mpg better).
LPG in Europe was about €1 per litre whereas petrol was about €2.50 and diesel even higher. I refilled with LPG in Hull for 73p/l after getting off the ferry.

Reactions: CAB
On a recent long drive from Munich to Rotterdam on German autobahns with the cruise on 90 mph for most of the time and loaded with ski gear and holiday clothing for 2, my TSI did 25 mpg on LPG (petrol would have been about 2 mpg better).
LPG in Europe was about €1 per litre whereas petrol was about €2.50 and diesel even higher. I refilled with LPG in Hull for 73p/l after getting off the ferry.

I find the smooth roads in Europe improve the mpg quite a bit

Diesel is cheaper than petrol which is nice but the days of it being cheaper than here are long gone :(

The lack of road noise is another thing that makes the journey so much nicer, I have no sound deadening in my van yet and it was completely silent there, lovely!

Hi all,

just entered the VW Club with a T6.1 DSG LWB fully kitted out. The first thing I noticed was the horrific MPG! Currently around 27-29mpg. It's brand new and sits on 20" 275/45's. Coming from a Passat Alltrack where I would get around 40mpg even with fairly hard driving, it was a bit of a shock.
I'm definitely considering a remap/chip to bring some of the torque back and hopefully improve the mpg.

I honestly never look at the MPG, I dont see the point. I know it isnt going to be great so why subject myself to it (and thats coming from AMG ownership) :think smile bounce:

Hi all,

just entered the VW Club with a T6.1 DSG LWB fully kitted out. The first thing I noticed was the horrific MPG! Currently around 27-29mpg. It's brand new and sits on 20" 275/45's. Coming from a Passat Alltrack where I would get around 40mpg even with fairly hard driving, it was a bit of a shock.
I'm definitely considering a remap/chip to bring some of the torque back and hopefully improve the mpg.
Well, my T6 DSG LWB fully loaded with toolboxes & cable etc is 4 years old next week. 27000 miles. I average 29-30 mpg across 80% urban the rest open road. Therefore don’t expect better mpg after the engine has loosened up!!

I honestly never look at the MPG, I dont see the point. I know it isnt going to be great so why subject myself to it (and thats coming from AMG ownership) :think smile bounce:
True words. And that coming from electric car ownership!! (approx 132 miles per electricity cost of 1 gallon of petrol)

Well, my T6 DSG LWB fully loaded with toolboxes & cable etc is 4 years old next week. 27000 miles. I average 29-30 mpg across 80% urban the rest open road. Therefore don’t expect better mpg after the engine has loosened up!!
Interesting! I also just had a look around the forum about this and found a thread discussing the effects of larger wheels/tyres and how this affects speedo and mpg readings.
Mine came with 20" 275/40's after the fit out, but would've come with 235/55/17's as standard.
It appears not only is my speedo underreading by some 5-6%, but so too my MPG and the odometer.

Back