What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

OEM copy (THQ) pre-painted Rear Spoiler . .

1718107551371.png

Road testing what it might be like if I fill it up on my Italian road trip . Am so used to all the glass I am not sure if I will like it or not so been driving around with cardboard on the side windows to simulate it being loaded with stuff…….

IMG_9549.jpeg

You joining the panrl
Road testing what it might be like if I fill it up on my Italian road trip . Am so used to all the glass I am not sure if I will like it or not so been driving around with cardboard on the side windows to simulate it being loaded with stuff…….

View attachment 245621
You joining the panel van club...

View attachment 245621
I did this accidentally the other week after fitting all the blinds from my newly acquired goodnight pack behind the B pillar to get the younguns to sleep.

Spent that 3 hours back repeatedly staring at grey blinds and wondering why - I had no idea I checked over the shoulders so often!

It's also weird perception - I couldn't see the blinds at the edge of my vision but I definitely felt the fact I couldn't see behind me.

Made my own side door magnetic midgie net for my trips north.
It’s a working progress the now. The magnetic strip on the edges is strong enough to hold the net on but I need to tuck the top into the rubber slightly so it doesn’t all fall off when I remove one side to get in and out.
Also the adhesive on the magnetic tape isn’t the strongest so will probably need to add more strong glue myself.
It should do the trick.
I ordered enough netting to fit pieces inside the mesh vents in the pop top so the wee buggers won’t get in there either.
IMG_6293.jpeg

You joining the panrl

You joining the panel van club...
Trip folkestone to stansted to pick up the family.
This inch or so gap makes a hell of a difference. Just enough to catch a glimpse of something in the blind spot.

IMG_9562.jpeg

as I don’t know what rear will be like I’ve been trying my rear cam so it’s permanently on the screen instead of rear view mirror

Wow objects appear much much further away on the cam than the reality.

IMG_9562.jpegIMG_9563.jpeg

Reactions: CAB
Yesterday I did the whole van with fallout remover and today I’ve polished out any little scratches and treated it to some tyre shine stuff as a reward for passing it’s MOT this morning with no advisories.IMG_6637.jpegIMG_6636.jpeg
Also booked it in at the body shop to get the front bumper painted and blown into the wing after its little scrape on a gate post and also to get rid of a patch of rust on the cill where the driver’s door shuts.
Just need to polish it now.

Started work on fitting all this
View attachment 245134
Into this
View attachment 245135
With space for one of these
View attachment 245136

Progress:
View attachment 245137
View attachment 245138
View attachment 245139

Still waiting on a couple of isolator switches, terminal fuse, fuse box, negative busbar etc to be delivered.
Did some more work on my seat base electrics.

(Full details in my build thread)

1000008493.jpg
1000008514.jpg
1000008517.jpg
1000008518.jpg
1000008519.jpg

Last edited:
THQ Matt Black SWB trapezoid Side Bars. . .

1718299065962.png

Finally finished the rear spoiler and stripes.

2024-06-14 16.24.14.jpg

Reactions: CAB
Back