What Have You Bought Today?

Air tools, my first ever set! Impact driver, sabre saw and finger style belt sander. A bit underwhelmed so far, the saw and sander kept slowing down to a stop when meeting much resistance and I sometimes had to push the belt with my finger to start it after pulling the trigger. The psi was set right at the compressor but I must have something wrong with my setup somehow. Got a cutoff tool coming tomorrow too.

Andy's has your compressor got enough puff as looking online most of the shiny stuff especially larger sanders seems to need anywhere up to 10 cubic feet per minute and up to 90 psi at the same time.

Not much personal experience here but always remember years ago my Dads compressor galloping along barely keeping up when he was spraying mettalic paints... solid colours were slightly less demanding.

Saw this and thought it might make a good light show for the inside of my van or the awning. 12 quid! LOL.

Andy's has your compressor got enough puff as looking online most of the shiny stuff especially larger sanders seems to need anywhere up to 10 cubic feet per minute and up to 90 psi at the same time.

Not much personal experience here but always remember years ago my Dads compressor galloping along barely keeping up when he was spraying mettalic paints... solid colours were slightly less demanding.
Sorry just seen this. It says 13.5cfm on it and fills itself up to 120psi. I set the output to 90psi which is what all the tools I've got want. So disappointing, I thought this setup would be unstoppable, but I can easily stall out any tool by putting even a tiny amount of pressure on them. I've tried everything I can think of, even shortened the air line to 5m but it hasn't made any difference :(
I'm going to have to get some more 18v tools if I can't make this setup work, was hoping to save money on tools once I had this compressor.
Edit: and these are not big tools, just handheld Clarke Pro

Sorry just seen this. It says 13.5cfm on it and fills itself up to 120psi. I set the output to 90psi which is what all the tools I've got want. So disappointing, I thought this setup would be unstoppable, but I can easily stall out any tool by putting even a tiny amount of pressure on them. I've tried everything I can think of, even shortened the air line to 5m but it hasn't made any difference :(
I'm going to have to get some more 18v tools if I can't make this setup work, was hoping to save money on tools once I had this compressor.
Edit: and these are not big tools, just handheld Clarke Pro

I found that when my tools haven’t been used for a while and haven’t had any tool oil through them they can be a bit weak.

I found that when my tools haven’t been used for a while and haven’t had any tool oil through them they can be a bit weak.
Oh that's interesting. These are brand new, but I did put a bit of oil in the end of each one before plugging them in. So do you think they'll get better if I run a bit more oil through?

Possibly. Certainly made a difference to mine. They couldn’t pull the skin off a rice pudding before.

Ooni 3 is the little brother of the Ooni pro .

It does not take real wood only pellets.
Which put me off it as I have a lot of fire wood already.

So there are threads for what have you done today, one for where have you been today but not one for what have you bought today?

I must admit I've bought loads of parts, detailing products and other bits that I haven't got round to fitting or mentioning or I've bought a product and then realised someone else has used a similar product/parts that would of been a better option and helped me with my purchase.

So I wonder if this type of thread would be useful to other members?

Kicking it off ... I've spent weeks looking at DA polishers on the market and there are a lot to consider... in the end I went with a version of the Das6 pro plus from carbon collective...mainly as it had all the features of other das6 pro pluses but it came in white and black...to match the van.

Once I give it a go, I'll let you know how I got on with it

In the meantime I'm researching the best compound/polish to use with itView attachment 41947
looking forward to hearing your review and how you found it as looking to buy one

Ordered 40 sheets of silent coat... The @r5holes at Amazon sent a roll of dead mat instead! Did they think I wouldn't notice being overcharged by £30!:eek:

Back